MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/28/2008 08:44 PM

Heavy pressure in back of neck??

Garry

I have this all the time.....any takers??

02/29/2008 06:58 AM
sweetheartsuzee
sweetheartsuzee  

Pick me! Pick me! Silly

Not only do I have stiffness, soreness and knots all across my tight shoulders, neck and back, but I have a 'heavy' head.

Also, I have this 'thing' that comes and goes...but wish it would 'go' more than it does.

It's a knot in my neck, on the right side, just beneath where my head and neck meet. It creates the WORST pain and when I push on it or have it massaged, I get a sharp pain just above my right eye. In the socket. Then, I push there and I can feel it in the neck again.

This pain is SO bad...it puts me in tears. I try everything from ice to heat to the rice bag to massage to bio-freeze to TRYING to sleep it off. But the pain is soo bad it makes me not able to sleep when it's happening.

Is this anything like you're talking about? Or do you mean just the heaviness, stiffness and constant pressure on the entire back of the neck? Cuz, I've got that as well!

Any ideas for relief???

02/29/2008 07:03 AM
psk
psk  

Please, please, please don't take this the wrong way, but does it get worse If you're on the computer a while? Mine does.

psk

02/29/2008 07:21 AM
sweetheartsuzee
sweetheartsuzee  

Yes, mine gets worse when on the computer. But it also gets worse just being in the same position. Like watching T.V. (well, movies for me) but driving, etc. I am ALWAYS stretching or turning or bending my neck! Always!

03/16/2008 06:32 PM
cadburry
cadburry  

I have this. I beleive this is whats causing my migraines. I have the knots and all that. My doctor says oh those are just swoolen glands, but I know better because in the past my neck muscles got really hard and lumpy and it was causing me to have migraines, and my old doctor put me on muscle relaxers andit made it all loosen up. Now I'm on a mild muscle relaxer, but it's not doing the trick.

03/16/2008 10:17 PM
Sandi

Suzee,

Could it be your occipital nerve?

I have what I call bowling ball head. It feels like my head is not supposed to be attached to my body and it feels so heavy that my neck cannot hold it up. (YOU KNOW LIKE YOUR HEAD IS TOO HEAVY FOR YOUR BODY) I hate that feeling.

Sandi

03/16/2008 10:22 PM
DoDo
DoDo  

Don't you just love that detached feeling, I hate it!!

And Suzee, I know what you are feeling in the eye, have not been sleeping for days now because of it.

03/24/2008 01:44 PM
Garry

Yep....bowling ball head! head feels like its gonna fall off! Has not happened yet though. My doc says c3 has slipped forward a bit - I am taking Lyrica....today I am in pain all over for some reason??? (Monday)??

04/01/2008 07:48 PM
DoDo
DoDo  

Bowling ball head....hmmmm

I do think it is time to get more xrays done....or something....this is .....there is no words for it.....at least not any "ladylike" words.

11/17/2008 06:00 PM
mzshotze

OMG I get the SAME thing with migraines to boot!! I describe it like my head weighs 800 lbs,and my neck's a pencil,feel like a bobblehead doll. Mine happens to affect the left side of my head,and when it's bad,it affects the hand/arm on that side too.I am currently going to accupuncturist,which makes the other pains less,but so far hasn't helped with the head. She advised alternating heat and cold,but sounds like you've done that. I take hydrocodone to survive. Half to take one half a pill at a time,otherwise I couldn't function at work or to drive.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved