MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/23/2008 10:05 PM

Cymbalta's a crock!(page 2)

desertmom54
desertmom54  

I have been on cymbalta for over a year 60 mgs, I know its not working as well as it did, I see the pshyc doctor on the 26th Im sure he will up it again, I have not tried lyrica but have thought about asking my Pshyc doctor about it. Im in extra pain today have had to take extra pain meds.

03/18/2008 03:18 PM
cadburry
cadburry  

I tried Cymbalta, but it made me very sick. My doctor said that it effects allot of people like that. I'm glad to hear it has helped some people though!

03/18/2008 03:48 PM
fibrosucks
fibrosucksPosts: 10

I started taking Cymbalta for anxiety, but I can not tell that it has helped other then making me very sick each time the dose was increased. I understand how one drug can help some of us a lot and then not help another at all. But it is hard to deal with paying so much for something and then it not working and being stuck with it. To bad there is no way to trade drugs or give them to someone who needs them.

03/18/2008 04:50 PM
tammync

Good luck with the med swap idea, fibrosucks! The powers that be like to think the majority of us don't have the enough sense to handle something like that. Hmmm... wasn't it my DOCTOR who prescribed me the very antibiotic I'm allergic to and my PHARMACIST who missed it, too, and landed me in an anaphylaxic reaction? I think they should hand all chronic patients a PDR and say, "knock yourselves out!" Someone come "go my bail" if confessing to this lands me in the pokey, but I've swapped meds before. Once I was prescribed hydrocodone for shoulder pain and, being an opiate, it made me sick. My step-father was prescribed demerol for back pain, but he said it didn't do him any good. We swapped a few pills and both got so much relief that we knew what to ask for at future doctor visits. And when they put him on Lexapro, I gave him what I had left over (almost a month's worth) rather than throwing it out. It was the exact same dosage he was prescribed so I don't see the harm in that. As expensive as meds are, who wants to just dump them in the trash? And in keeping with the thread, Cymbalta made me profoundly depressed and suicidal.

03/18/2008 06:59 PM
fibrosucks
fibrosucksPosts: 10

Well I figure if they have been prescribed the same thing then it should be ok to give it too them. Like you did on the lexapro. I would not want the risk of giving something to someone that has never been prescribed for them.

I guess we should all be informed about the meds we are taking but that is sad the you need to have a PDR in order to protect yourself. I try to learn what I can about meds I am on and also have a friend who is pharmacist so I bug her when I have more questions.

03/18/2008 10:51 PM
PamelaG
PamelaG  

I was on Wellbutrin, it whacked me out. Not only did I want to kill myself, I wanted to kill others, in painful torturous ways not quick. I called the Dr's office and the nurse wasn't getting what I was saying. So here I was, in my section of Cubical Hell in the Wal-Mart Home Office--the Buying Offices no less, screaming in the phone how I want to KILL PEOPLE, and describing how. Needless to say, the Entire Cubical world there was empty real quick! lol I'm glad someone can take it though and be helped by it.

I was put on Amnitryptaline, and man did that totally freak me out!! Bad hallucinations and all kinda weird stuff!

I take 120 mg of Cymbalta, and although it does nothing for pain (I didn't think it was FOR pain.....) it helps greatly with my PTSD, depression, panic and anxiety attacks.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved