MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/12/2012 11:54 PM

What makes you feel better?(page 2)

MoiraWolf
MoiraWolf  

@Anotherday... I understand about the dog. I had a chihuahua like that. When I was having it bad, hurting, or having a panic attack, he'd get in my lap and whine and lick my tears as if to tell me "it's ok momma, I'm here." He passed away in November and I SO miss that little dog. I want another one, but can't have one where we're living now, it has to wait til we find another place. Sad

05/05/2012 05:54 PM
Shanti33

Good topic. I'm very spiritual and philosophical. Not religious. So I love to meditate and find power within. I do a lot of writing on spiritual forums and that has been my main past time for the last several years. I love spiritual rituals, singing, mantras, incense and candles. This sort of thing just really helps me with my spirit. I also use Homeopathy for depression. I love to burn Frankincense for relaxing too.

05/05/2012 06:52 PM
MoiraWolf
MoiraWolf  

We have a gamut of religions and beliefs here. I used to meditate a lot, but have gotten away from it in recent years. I really should start again, might help with pain. Tho if you're meditating simply for stress reduction, I already have my solution... I spin wool into yarn (and sometimes, dog fur!). I can put on a movie and just let my hands do their own thing, it's so calming and relaxing. Only been spinning a few months but I'm picking it up really fast, and I have a new friend who's going to teach me weaving.

05/14/2012 06:00 AM
Beeleeg
Beeleeg  

I am trying to find something. I've been lonely and just plain sad for a while. That was before the fibro diagnosis.

Oh well, I'd say a cup of hot tea and dark chocolate when I can buy some.

05/14/2012 08:06 AM
christa33

gosh,this is interesting..... i found myself too in a deep dark depression from all my illnesses last year, but i have found things to help me- i always write, i dont give up on my dreams. i wrote 2 poetry books last year, of which i am trying ot get published with an editor helping me, umm i truly think that saved my life. with all my pain and illnesses last year i think i would have died if i didnt have something to make me want to stay. so i did that, and it came out better from all the pain i was in. weird. it was like my lifeline, the only thing i had since my body was like gone.

reading i love reading anything, poetry stories, romance, novels, anything. i can find. increasing knowledge is important

and i reseaerch a lot on fibro/the body and how to get better. found out a lot....

ummmm, in the past year when ive been housebound and bedridden, it has really been so so so so sad for me. i tried to make my life as best as i could even through the depths of hell. what a dark time. sighhhh.

i think music is great for illnesses of any kind, music therapy is amazing. just amazing. when i put my headphhones on i am ok and back to my old self. really! it is weird n iswear it helps me heal. i dont know what it does but hey it works better than anything . when my mp3 player broke i got sick. i got anohter one and got better ( even though i hate this new one) so music for sure.

ummmmm. tv shows, some although for the most part i hate tv. i only like the old shows when stories had PLOT.

sometimes movies but not a movie fan.

talking to friends although i dont have many. need to change that one.

trying to increase my knowldge, learning things, doing what i can do,meditation,

lamps are nice , like pink lamps.

sitting outside in the sun...love that.

ummmm i dont know-- it is weird hell, i dont even know how i got through this last year but i know somehow i did. i got super super sad , the worst of depression but i did find things to help. i do sad and stressed now but not as bad. still do though.

anyways, i know it is sooo hard to deal with the emotions of this illness. i think it harder to deal with the emotions of sadness and lonleiness than the disease itself, well almost.

i hope this helped,

maureen

05/14/2012 11:37 AM
Beeleeg
Beeleeg  

Maureen Smile Great list really. I think lots of us understand the depression that goes with the Fibro.

I liked reading your list. Smile It made me rethink mine and I realize I do have some things that make me happy, more than I thought anyway.

05/14/2012 12:53 PM
christa33

awwwwww thanks so much for that brenda, im glad it helped....

hugz

maureen

05/14/2012 05:01 PM
MoiraWolf
MoiraWolf  

I like to read too, but I like doing things that keep my hands busy, like my spinning, cross-stitch, knitting etc, so I listen to a lot of audiobooks. Got in that habit when I was still driving trucks. Helped keep you awake on long drives, gave you something to concentrate on instead of getting that 100-yard stare.

I don't do a lot of TV, per se, but I do a lot of series. I tend to find a new series to watch and netflix or hulu it and watch a whole season at a time. There's a few current ones that I keep up with, like Game of Thrones. Oh, that one's SO good. I really like Tirion, the only Lannester I care for.

And spinning. Messing with wool. It's so fun to watch this nasty, dirty, yellowish stuff turn into beautiful colored yarns after several steps of work. Washing, drying, combing, spinning, dying. I still have something to do, something to contribute!

05/14/2012 05:10 PM
anitafolkers
anitafolkers  

I had my dogs to lay with me, it was like they knew i was hurting and lay there till the kids got home from school, had to give them up b/c we lost our house, anyways, other things that make me feel better or try to are, reading, listening to music, sudkou puzzles, warm/hot baths, writing in a journal for my frustrations, I have started writing five different books, which I dont finish, writers block, they are teen mystery/suspense novels, had to start over b/c the laptop i had crashed and lost all my stuff. Someday i will finish one.......when my wrist stops hurting, not the avid typist as i used to be, fingers dont move to well, but i try and taking pictures of various things when I can venture out.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved