MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/22/2011 09:06 PM

How many pills do you take per day?

Sealy
Sealy  

I was just wondering how many pills you take everyday. I counted mine...and it surprised me. 15! Paxil, Cymbalta, Lyrica, Vicodin ES, Protonix, Stool Softener, Xanax.

I'm afraid I'm killing myself with all these meds, but don't feel like I can just stop on my own. Sad

Thanks for your response,

Sealy

11/22/2011 09:12 PM
Iam1ShadyLady
Iam1ShadyLady  
I'm an Advocate

I'll post here so you can see how many meds I take a day.

Hugz,

SHELL

11/22/2011 10:15 PM
PrincessButterfly

Not only do we have to worry about being in chronic pain with Fibromyalgia and other health issues. Now we have to worry about out Liver and so many Meds. It just plain sucks! But what else are we supposed to do?

GRRRRRRRR! So frustrating!

fibroaspirin

11/23/2011 08:00 AM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

I only take folic acid every day. I was taking a multivitamin but had to stop since my copper levels are so high. Anyway, I take tylenol/ibprofen as needed. I have muscle relaxers and antivert that I take as needed. Beyond that, I am not prescribed anything. Apparently, I'm superwoman and don't need anything according to the drs.

11/23/2011 08:09 AM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

I remeber come apart I had here one time because I got a pill organizer and relised for the first time how many pills I really take so depressing,13 perscription pills,9 over the counter,then the ocassional vitamin and or sleep aid so any where between 20- 25 so scary..but I due have my liver checked every 6mos,as any med like lyrica neutotine cymbalta should due to liver problems..if you concider also pain patches rubs,oils stomach meds and the list goes on,what our body ingest is not a good thing

11/23/2011 09:21 AM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

81m baby aspirin first thing in the morning

Vitamin around 10 AM

Cymbalta and Simvistatin @ lunchtime

Calcium mid to late afternoon

Lyrica and Levothyroxine @ bedtime

I also have Voltaren Gel for soreness and swelling.

That is more than enough for me as far as I am concerned but as long as they are working together and letting me lead a pretty normal existence, I will stick with them.

Marilyn

Post edited by: Auntie3285, at: 11/23/2011 09:21 AM

11/23/2011 09:32 AM
sparklehorse

I don't take as many as some, but way more than I am comfortable with now. I have been thinking of sitting down with a list and seeing if there was even one med I could knock off.

And now that I take gabapentin, we are talking sheer quantities.

One good thing about gabapentin is that it is excreted through the kidneys with (I believe) no liver involvement. That's good new unless one has compromised kidneys.

11/23/2011 10:59 AM
Iam1ShadyLady
Iam1ShadyLady  
I'm an Advocate

I have my liver checked often too. I had to cut tylenol out because I was on hydrocodone and tylenol and even after the doctor cut the hydros from 10/500 to 10/325mg. He told me not to take tylenol anymore. I can take a liquid gel Advil or Naproxen every once in a while because I have ulcerative colitis and it aggitates it if I take it more than that. I usually save them for when I feel inflamed. I was dealing with that for a few days but finally it has passed.

Hugz,

SHELL

11/29/2011 01:42 PM
Sealy
Sealy  

Thanks everyone. I know, about the liver problems. It scares me. I just had it checked, and everything was okay, but long term?

I appreciate you all! It's nice to know we are not alone. Smile

~Sealy

11/29/2011 03:27 PM
Gramma815

I feel neglected if my pharmacy doesn't call me at least every 3 days to tell me my rx is ready to pick up.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved