MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/09/2009 07:45 AM

Excersize - How does it make you feel?

Donyia
Donyia  

For me - I was always frustrated because when you workout, you are supposed to have more energy. Um...I am missing something, because when I workout, I have to do it in the evening before I go to bed, because if I don't - I will fall asleep.

Does anyone else have this same problem?

01/09/2009 08:22 AM
Midnyte

I don't seem to have found the energy to work out period Sad I have been referred for aquatherapy but can't seem to get connected for an appointment yet. I have heard wonderful things about it and do know that the few times I managed to get into water and walk(live near a shallow salt water river in Florida... kinda hard to explain) it has helped relieve some of the usual pain I get just from walking.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. I do know there are a few who do different forms of exercising and hopefully they can answer better than I did.

BTW, welcome! I've been away off and on lately and still trying to welcome all the new members.

01/09/2009 08:49 AM
homesickgranny
homesickgranny  

HURTS LIKE HECK!!!!!I was sent to therapy many years ago and absolutely could not work out on the machines... My DIL, who is a PT taught me Range of Motion ones that are not bad and do help keep you loose... I now have ones that I am trying hard to do for back problem and I can,t find a way to do them as they should be done ...Causes Fibro flare ups really bad...

01/09/2009 08:50 AM
homesickgranny
homesickgranny  

Oh I forgot, does running around after a 2 year old 8 hours a day count?????

01/09/2009 09:02 AM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Frustration is a good way to describe exercise for me.

I try to do minor stretches etc. but after working all day, the last thing I want to do is come home and exercise .... Sad

01/09/2009 10:01 AM
ShirleyP
ShirleyPPosts: 250

I don't know how it affect people with Fibro, I have CFS and can no longer work out like I want too. Instead of energizing it saps what little energy I may have.

I do a water exercise 5 mornings a week. My body most of the time really loves it. There are times not even the water feels good. I have to do something and for me this is it.Smile Plus it gets me out of the house and I now have a great group of friends.

I'm thinking of trying Yoga. I just havn't found the energy to try it.

We all react differently to exercise, so I think you need to find what works for you.

Good luck.

Shirley

01/09/2009 11:03 AM
Donyia
Donyia  

thank you all for your responses. I am glad that I am not the only one.

ARGGGG this is so upsetting for me. I am supposed to be doing the aqua workouts, but due to totalling both cars last summer - I have no way to get there. Nice - huh Wink

Well, I have a workout that I love and it is called Turbo Jam and I used to be able to do it with no problem - it just made me so tired afterwards so I would do it at night. I haven't tried it yet, but I really want to - just can't seem to get that ball of energy going. I also purchased the dancing with the stars workout - called core thythms. It looks really good and fun. What I like about both of these is that there is basically no floor time - except for some on Turbo Jam - I just wont do those.

Has anyone tried any of these programs?

01/09/2009 11:11 AM
Skyla
Skyla  

Hi Donyia and welcome! To answer your first question, I can't exercise. It hurts, it makes me tired, I feel weak afterwards..I know I should, but I don't. Lol, I think my answer to your first question also answered your second question! Hugs!

01/09/2009 12:32 PM
Donyia
Donyia  

I am so glad that I am not alone in this and I am NOT crazy OR lazy. I send a great big hug to all of you! Smile

01/09/2009 01:10 PM
livn4jc4evr
livn4jc4evr  

Donyia I can relate. For years if I want to do any type of exercise I would have to do it before I go to bed or else I cannot do anything the rest of the day. After I exercise like for the next day or two I will most likely have a lot more pain.

I am also frustrated because before I became sick I was on my way to getting a spots scholarship for college and being very active in athletics. Where now I can barely get my body to get out and do some light walking. I feel as if I am a failure. I am getting fatter because of the lyrica and I have every intention and I love to exercise however my body cannot take much of it. If only I was "normal".

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved