MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/28/2008 11:43 AM

vitiman B-12 drops

hcronch
hcronch  

There was a discussion awhile back about vitiman b-12 drops. Does anyone have any info on this. It is gone- fog rolled in Shocked any answers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hilda

11/28/2008 12:32 PM
Starr
Starr  

I'm taking them. What would you like to know?

11/28/2008 02:01 PM
Sistrozzie
Sistrozzie  

I take sublingual b-12 tabs. They are very sweet and pleasant but I haven't noticed any difference in me since I started taking them. I don't even recall why I was supposed to take them. Unsure

11/28/2008 02:06 PM
Starr
Starr  

LOL...me either, Pat! I think it was for energy or something.

11/28/2008 02:42 PM
Mydragonfly
Mydragonfly  

LOL, how long have you been taking them? Do you remember that?? LOL

I can look up some infor and post it.

Dragonfly

11/28/2008 02:48 PM
Mydragonfly
Mydragonfly  

Here is some generic info.

The Dietary Reference Intake for an adult ranges from 2 to 3 µg (micrograms) per day.

Vitamin B-12 is believed to be safe when used orally in amounts that do not exceed the recommended dietary allowance (RDA). The RDA for vitamin B-12 in pregnant women is 2.6 µg per day and 2.8 µg during lactation periods. There is insufficient reliable information available about the safety of consuming greater amounts of Vitamin B-12 during pregnancy.

there is a lot more info on this web page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin_B12

I am sure there is a lot more info.

dragonfly

11/28/2008 03:17 PM
Starr
Starr  

Well, I've been taking mine for about a month. I did a quick lookover on that site you posted, and found this:

Vitamin B-12 deficiency can potentially cause severe and irreversible damage, especially to the brain and nervous system. At levels only slightly lower than normal, a range of symptoms such as fatigue, depression, and poor memory may be experienced.

I'm guessing the fatigue and poor memory is why I was prescribed the drops. Obviously, they haven't helped with that! Laughing

11/28/2008 03:56 PM
ALCSS2008

I take a B-12 shot 1000mcg every two weeks. I fogot about them and didn't have one for about 2 months and I could barely get off of the couch. They really help to increase my energy level. Without them my B12 runs in the moderately low range. I have never tried the drops or tabs.

11/28/2008 06:54 PM
hcronch
hcronch  

Sorry - just got in from killing time, waiting for the new grandbaby....She is here...finally!!! Yea, healthy 8lb 3oz. Mom and baby doing fine. She has my middle name as well. Yea!!! They live about 8 hrs from here and it just about killed me to be so far away. My baby has just had a baby! We have been waiting since 1 a.m. last night. Many phone calls back and forth. The stress is about to do me in. Took my meds and am going to lay down awhile.

The B-12 drops... do they work as well as the shots. I hate shots. And where do you get them?

Thanks

Hilda

11/28/2008 07:46 PM
ALCSS2008

Congratulations!!!!!!!

A new baby---Please get some rest and then let us know her name. Wink

Sandi

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved