MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/12/2007 07:53 PM

Demoral & Moraphine

kimi
kimi  

Hello my fibro friends I am new to the group and my question is my Dr is treating me with demoral and you can't treat a pt for long periods of time on this med so he is going to try moraphine for the chronic pain and then if my B/P is running low due to addisons disease I will take the demoral for pain since I was told there in the same drug class family. So has anyone used moraphine for chronic pain and is it pretty safe. It sure did take the pain away in the ER for the fibro pain that attacked the left side of my chest yesterday.Smile

12/13/2007 01:47 AM
Fletch2ya
Fletch2ya  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hi. I used it at first for my RSD, and it helped. but as in all narcogtics after a relative short time on you are addicted... I know it now called dependent.... well what ever... the withdrawals were kinda bad... NOTHING like the fentanyl withdrawals.. Yes I used it.

For me and from what I have heard alot of Patients use it then start to have side effect, mine was I turned allergic to it... broke out everywhere.....and I mean everywhere... but that was my experience.... I know others here have had much better ones with it... so hopefully they will post an answer for you..

Craig.....

12/13/2007 06:38 AM
pillpoper

YOU KNOW I ALSO HAD THAT RIB CAGE PAIN YOUR TALKING ABOUT AND IT IS SHARP!!! I ONCE HAD IT AND THEY SAID IT WAS NOT THE FIBRO, (BUT IT WAS INDIGESTION)!! NO JOKE, I STOPPED EATING DRANK ABOUT HALF A BOTTLE OF PEPTO BISMO AND IT WORKED!!! IT SCARED ME TO DEATH. BUT MAN, I HAD TA LAY THERE A LONG TIME REAL STILL. I TOOK SOMETHING TO HELP ME SLEEP, WOKE UP AND IT WAS GONE!! THEN, I ONCE HAD IT AND IT SPREAD TO THE MIDDLE OF MY CHEST AND I HAD A FULL BLOWN HEART ATTACK. I STILL CAN'T TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE FIBRO ATTACK, INDIGESTION, OR THE REAL HEART ATTACK.

12/13/2007 02:42 PM
kimi
kimi  

Craig,

Thanks so much for answering me Smile I just started on a low dose of MS Contin SR 15mg today and it really seems to be working good, so I sure hope that I don't go thru what you did. Since I also have addisons disease this will probably be the only thing that I can take with Demoral for the break thru pain. Since I seem to be allergic to everything else in the Hydrocodne family. Hope you are feeling good today, What do you take now for pain relif? Thanks -kimiSmile

12/13/2007 02:49 PM
kimi
kimi  

I know what you mean, I say when in doubt go to the ER! I just saw my DR today with the rib cage pain and he did an EKG and said everything looked okay and then explained to me that when people are D/X with fibro we also have costiocondritis which effects the rib cage and chest with severe pain. But I still say if it hurts in that general area to the ER I go. Sorry you had a heart attack and I hope your feeling better now Smile-kimi

12/13/2007 03:13 PM
spruce1
spruce1  

Hi everyone!

Noticed the talk about pain killers. I've been on the fentanyl patches, first 50mgs then 25mgs. I also use darvocetts. My pain doc is weaning me off the patch and says he's going to try something else. That bothers me especially when it works!!Pinch I see him in a month. Boy, he better not take me off my darvocets!!

One time I had to withdraw from 50mgs of the patch, by mistake I ruined 2 in a month and the Doc does not make up 4 it. It was bad Sick I ended up in the ER with a real high blood pessure (which I already take med for)

I tried to get thru it without going but was I bad!!

I also have a problem which ya all can relate to. I blame everything on Fibro and I'm afraid that like the other lady (heart attack), I'm afraid it will be more serious and won't know it.

Crazy living like this, eh?

Laura

12/13/2007 05:17 PM
Fletch2ya
Fletch2ya  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

HI if you are trying to get off Fentanyl, ask your doctor for Suboxone... it is for detox and it works......

12/13/2007 05:54 PM
spruce1
spruce1  

Thanks Fletch!

I'll probably do it by weaning off of it. It really is not that strong for me and I'm still in pain. However, I'll keep the med tucked away if I think I need it.

Sounds like you've had a rough time with it?? Sick

What are you on now?

I'm on some muscle relaxants, trazadone, Darvocetts and of course the patch for now. Nothing really takes away the pain but can help make it liveable.

Try and have a good night!

LauraWink

12/13/2007 06:07 PM
Fletch2ya
Fletch2ya  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

HI well the Suboxone is for withdrawals and it also has some good pain killing qualities to it. I am on it now.. and I stay on 1/16th of a 200 mg tb I can be good for about 36hrs... to 48 hours.. with alot less pain than I was in even when I was on the fentanly. I also take provigil to keep the fog away..... this right now....and I mean that very cautiously right now... I feel the best I have in almost a yr. So I am going to tell everyone about the combo... cause maybe it will help them like it has done me........ I still have the RSD effective pain... but the FIBRO is kinda quite for right now.......

Post edited by: Fletch2ya, at: 12/13/2007 20:09

12/13/2007 06:56 PM
spruce1
spruce1  

Fletch,

The more I think about it I think I will talk to my Doc.

So do you mean you use the Suboxone now instead of the patch for pain?

Laura

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved