MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/08/2012 06:43 AM

Meds that currently work for me(page 35)

sassy42

Hi, new here. Reading this thread has already helped so much, thank you!

Here are the meds I am on now:

Butrans 20ml patch (like Subutex or Suboxone)-controls daily pain about 50%, reduces pain of flares by about 20%.

Adderall 10mg (just stared this a week ago, helps with brain fog, racing mind and anxiety...makes me feel kinda weird depression, though)

Effexor 75 mg 2 a day (for depression---been on this med for almost 4 years. No longer helping. New Pshychiatrist is looking to change this soon.

Clonazepam (Klonopin) (this is a new med for me. Not sure if it is helping or not. Suppose to help with anxiety. I think it may be helping a little.)

Vitamin D 2000IU per day

Ortho-Omega Fish Oil

Floradix Magnesium at night for sleep

Either Trazedone 75mg. or Ambien 10mg at night for sleep. I have been on Trazedone for 4 years and hate the way it makes me tired and hungry the next day, trying to get off the Trazedone!

Whew...I think that's it. I am going to be asking my Doc for Flexeril at my next visit. I had a couple left from way back and took one during my last flare. It helped a lot.

05/23/2012 08:56 AM
loulou31
loulou31  

Has anyone here had any problems with tremors? My doctor thinks I had shingles back in December, but I am still have pain side effects, numbness and tremors. I guess this could be PHN, but it seems a little out of that relm. Especially the tremors. Does anyone know of a medication that might help the tremors?

05/23/2012 09:40 AM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

I know that some medications can cause the tremors or the tremmors to be worse..be sure if you are on any that you see if that is a possible side effect..I have had tremmors for a long time and thought mine were just getting worse,nope it was a med..so I would suggest to talk to your doc

07/27/2012 03:06 PM
SisterAwake
SisterAwake  

I have been very lucky that amitriptyline works wonders for me. It took a long time of dosage adjustment before we found what would help me most. Started out at 10mg daily and am now (6 years later) at 100mg daily. The difference is like night and day! Smile I went from being in so much pain that I was bed ridden, pain in my ribs so bad that I couldn't even roll over in bed, to leading a fairly normal life again. Well, as normal as life can be with Fibro. I also take tricyclen birth control as when the fibro started my monthly cramps were so debilitating I couldn't walk. Pinch

10/16/2012 07:17 PM
Dessie121
Dessie121  

I am taking cymbalta 90mg and I take ambien at night. If I dont I will not be able to sleep. Is there anything you can tell me about the tramadol? I hate taking meds. My dr keeps upping the cymbalta and it only works for a few months before I start having bad days again. I am a very active person but with all the pain i cannot do much of anything and it's very depressing Sad

10/20/2012 06:02 AM
queenfatigue
queenfatigue  

Hi, I was given Lyrica about a week and a half ago and it is amazing how much it has helped me! At first I felt totally doped up, but my body has adjusted and I am feeling (almost) like a different person! I hope each of you finds something that will help you. I know everyone is different.

01/06/2013 05:01 AM
fireflies

I am taking lyrica, it helps tons with the nerve pain. I used to have such bad numbness and tingling it was actually pain, lyrica and a small dose of alprazolam together stopped it completely. I also take oxycodone, but am only allowed a small dose and it helps so much for half a day with my abdominal pain (I have uterine fibroids), then I have to suffer the rest of the day and I spend lots of time in a hot bath. You can't really ask for more pain meds or they stop giving you what you have. That's what I've been told anyway. And my doctor scowls at me so much now when he writes my script for pain meds that I dare not ruffle him anymore.

04/06/2013 12:21 PM
azboomer
azboomer  

Hi Everyone, i'm glad i found this forum as i was about to start a thread about meds that work. I was on effexor (the generic) for 6 years and suddenly stopped working about the time that my knees and legs and sciatic nerve started giving me problems - out of the blue. I was at 125mg and went to 150 and my mouth got so dry, i could hardly speak. My doc switched me to cymbalta. Worked a bit better, (60mg) at least took the worst part of the stiffness and pain away but still have some pain in my legs when i first get up from sitting; as soon as i start moving around, the pain goes away. I also started the Magnesium Malate with Malic Acid (435mg mag with 825mg of malic acid) and taking that 3 times a day has made a BIG difference. I'm going to ask y doc to increase the cymbalta to 90mg as i still have that lingering fatigue that i just can't get to fade away. I am just so glad that i found this site and forum as it has helped me tremendously in the 3 weeks that i've been viewing posts to know that the symptoms i have are absolutely normal to fibromyalgia. Wishing us all a pain free life soon.

have a great weekend.

04/06/2013 02:13 PM
powmia

Dessie, tramadol did nothing for me. Might as well had taken Tylenol. But your body must respond a lot different than mine if Cymbalta helps. Cymbalta only gave me the worst side effects enough to been admitted to the hospital. Took 3 days before I felt better. Really screwed with my elecrolytes and potassium.

04/06/2013 04:19 PM
luvmymuts

4 tabs of vicodin every 3 hours is too much and can cause liver damage.Sick

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 35 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved