MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/14/2011 05:18 PM

Meds that currently work for me(page 33)

crz49
crz49  

How does your pain management physician manage your pain? With med? Physical therapy? The only one within my area (I live in a rural village) uses physical therapy which does not help me. I'm already doing the meditating, deep breathing, stretching...plus exercises given to me by PT 10 years ago; nothing helps, but I won't stop because I fear I might get worse.

sigh Sad

03/14/2011 05:35 PM
mem9113

imagesCAAP2YYK

Post edited by: adllmag, at: 03/14/2011 05:41 PM

03/14/2011 05:42 PM
mem9113

well I don't know what happened to my response? it went poof!

03/14/2011 05:43 PM
crz49
crz49  

LOVE the hugs Smile

04/29/2011 07:41 AM
Vrob23

Well I'm on savella, 25mg 4 times a day. For a time I took 50mg twice a day but the nausea was so so bad. Now that I break them up into 4 doses my nausea has decreased significantly. I also am prescribed aderall. The savella cut down the fibro fog (which was getting to the point where I would have trouble understanding speech) by about two thirds. It only cut the pain down by one third. Aside from these I also am taking vitamins and hcg injections into my muscle for low testosterone.

05/09/2011 06:59 PM
mommymoo

During my first flare up a few years ago I actually refused the pain meds that the rheumi pushed. I ended up getting a lot of relief from an herbal supplement called Zyflamend and a magnesium supplement. I also did regular chiropractic adjustments. The final relief came when I had my IUD removed. I also took Ambien consistently for a few weeks, which provided dramatic relief to my sleep-deprived brain since my body was thrown off from 2 babies 22 months apart. Since then my flares have been just a couple of days each and pretty manageable. Until the one I'm having now. I'm thinking it's time to break out the ambien, zyflamend, and magnesium again and see what my results are this time.

08/07/2011 11:10 AM
amm511

I have been diagnosed with fibro for the past 20 years. I can completely relate to all of the above. I decided that I am tired of liveing a life of medication and pain pills. A friend of mine has been trying to get me to take supplements through visalus sciences and these shakes to loose weight becasue of my blood pressure. It has taken her 8 months for me to try it. I have been doing it for about 3 months and am able to sleep through the night and do not crumble to exhaustion. I have some bade days but for the most part i feel 100 times better and am no longer taking medication. What are your thoughts on using alternative products such as visalus sciences vi-pak and vi-shake?

11/16/2011 08:54 PM
JackieCrylin
JackieCrylinPosts: 11

Massage therapy really helps me more than anything else.

I currently take

Cymbalta(I get the generic from Canada, what a joke FDA) 120mg for fibro. it would cost 400.00 a month here

Gabapentin 600mg 3 x day for nerve pain

Viibryd new 8th day 20mg for depression anxiety

Temazepam 30 mg for insomnia

Prevacid 30mg for ulcers

Sucralfate for ulcers

Dicyclomine 10mg for ibs

Nasonex for sinus

Symbicort for that cough that comes sometimes

It seems like I've tried everything. Even the guifassian decongestant therapy. Opiates. Every muscle relaxant made

Still in constant pain. Suicidal thoughts but would not act on bc of family. Unable to work. life changing event...not fair!

Does it seem to anyone else that things work great the first 2-5 times and then nothing? Or is that just me?

Post edited by: JackieCrylin, at: 11/16/2011 09:09 PM

11/17/2011 06:47 AM
crz49
crz49  

It's not just YOU, Jackie, it happens to me, and probably others; I think our bodies get used to meds, or our brain "signals" that "this isn't working...I want the body to hurt" I had a doc explain to me that patients w/fibro have more sensitivitiy, even to touch; he showed an example. He lightly grabbed my friend's upper arm; she didn't flinch. He applied the same pressure to me, and it hurt like hell!

Re: suicide thoughts; try to change your outlook...that's what I do. I set mini goals for myself...even if it's "dusting one room"...I make sure I accomplish it, and then reward myself by reading a good book, standing on my front porch and watching a sunset, or taking a bubble bath with candles in the room.

Yes, Life is rough for fibro patients...but it's only as difficult as we make it; we CAN change the way we think about things. Instead of thinking about our misery, think about the slightest good thing...."pretty eyes", "nice smile", "make people laugh" You have it in you, Jackie, you're just not looking deep enough.

I have fibro plus 5 back surgeries that didn't help: plus a hip replacement that's crooked...am in constant pain, but I keep myself busy. I find forums where I can give others encouragement. When you try to help someone else, your problems seems to go i n the background.

Good luck!

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Corri

01/08/2012 05:39 PM
julesjasin

I currently take 90mg Cymbalta daily Celebrex 200mg daily x's 2 Tramadol 50mg X's 3 a day

75mg Lyrica daily Flexeril nightly 10mg and Soma

Post edited by: julesjasin, at: 02/09/2012 06:26 PM

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 33 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved