MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/24/2010 05:05 AM

Fibro OTC trial(page 2)

PCG
PCG  

I googled it and it seems interesting, I hope it works and that they start selling it outside US, I'd love to try some non pharmacological options Smile

Hugs

Paula

09/24/2010 11:27 AM
HAMPTON7026
HAMPTON7026  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Sorry I've been away, still on baby watch. Still no grandbaby yet! Okay, the ingredients are all natural, on my lable there is lemon, sunflower seed, rhubarb, milk thistle, danelion, fever few and ginger, the amount of each are not shown. I'm still doing very well on it. I havent quit all meds yet but have reduce the amounts that I was taking. I'm hoping it will work for the others that have gotten theirs and that it will have the same effect as it has on me. I really don't have any other info on it right now. If anyone wants to try it out pm me, I've got 2 spots left right now.

Dee, I sent you a pm with the survey link..

Anna, you do have to be over 18 to be in the study. If that changes I will be sure and let you know. Its not a drug, more like a supplement type of thing.

Hugs to all,

Lori

09/24/2010 12:21 PM
raynedae
raynedae  
VIP Member

I got an email from Dr. Steve, he says my Banjo is in the mail. Looking forward to it as it's also supposed to help with inflammation and I have a LOT of that!

Thanks Lori for getting him to save some spots for us!

09/24/2010 12:36 PM
niecey
niecey  
I'm an Advocate

I got mine today! yay! Here's hopin'!!

09/25/2010 10:56 AM
HAMPTON7026
HAMPTON7026  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Your welcome Bobbi. Its not very often that an offer comes along that is totally free!! I'm glad that Dr Steve allowed me to share with my family here. As the results come in he said that he may make more spots available for us. The lable actually says that is treats pain and inflammation, joint pain, back pain, fibromyalgia, arthritis, muscle aches, neck pain and migraines. We are doing the fibro study but it would be a bonus if it help with our other conditions too, right.

I hope that everyone has the same results I have had. It took about 5 days for me to notice any difference but since then I've been improving day by day. Dr Steve may be on to something here but it remains to be seen if it will work for everyone. I'm anxious to find out how those participating in the study do.

When I started taking it I was taking 4 7.5/500 vicoden a day, 3 10mg flexeril a day and my 2mg of klonopin for anxiety. Even taking all that I was my pain was tolerable but not gone. As of today, I'm taking 1 or 2 vicoden a day and my klonopin, I haven't taken any Flexeril for the last 2 days. The best part is that I feel good! Since it is not meant to treat anxiety, I will probably have to remain on the klonopin but if thats all I have to take I will be a very happy lady. I'm very happy with my progress at this point. I've also been able to start my walking again, I'm up to 1.5 miles on my treadmill every other day. I will keep you all updated.

Love and hugs

Lori

09/25/2010 11:19 AM
raynedae
raynedae  
VIP Member

Mine arrived yesterday! I can't say I'm wild about the taste--it kind of tastes like peppery to me (even tho it doesn't contain pepper!) but I let it dissolve as much as I could stand it. I'll get used to it, I'm sure. I have all those conditions so I'm really hoping for some relief!

My cat is fascinated by the smell LOL...

Thanks again Lori!

love & hugs

09/25/2010 01:09 PM
HAMPTON7026
HAMPTON7026  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Yeah they don't taste the best!lol I had a hard time with it at first but once that I started feeling better it didn't matter. Now after taking it I don't even noticed it anymore. There is a way that you can make it into a tea or disolve it in water and sip it, but you have to sip it for around a half hour, I chose not to do that. If Dr Steve didn't tell you how to do that let me know and I'll get you the info. I'm taking 2 a day so I try to take it right before breakfast and right before dinner so that I can get the taste out of my mouth quickly.

My dog jiffy likes the smell too!!lol weird!

Sorry you fell, hope you feel better soon!

Gentle Hugs

Lori

09/27/2010 07:10 AM
youyou80
youyou80  

Lori -

I never received any info on this. Is there still room for me? If so I am still totally interested.

Thanks

09/27/2010 01:39 PM
HAMPTON7026
HAMPTON7026  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Sorry youyou! I will send it to you now, thought I did. Guess its not helping with fibro fog!lol

Hugs

Lori

09/27/2010 02:10 PM
raynedae
raynedae  
VIP Member

I let it dissolve as long as I can, then I have to chew and swollow. I think it's the combo of ginger and tumeric that tastes so peppery. I'd rather get it over fairly quickly rather than sipping it. I think I'll get used to it but I do wish he'd used more mint for flavor. I've read that tumeric is one of the spices that can help us.

I really need it's healing powers now. I fell Friday night and OMG am I hurting! Every place that already had pain is a 100x worse, like the arthritis in my fingers and neck. My back is killing me as are the legs & toes I landed on. One arm landed on the sofa and really jolted that shoulder. The other landed on the coffee table and I have a bruise from my arm pit to my elbow. I'm so glad that Mort jumped out of the way!!

I hope it kicks in fast. I finally broke down and asked my doctor's nurse for some pain meds today--and I am NOT a fan of pain meds as you might recall.

love & hugs,

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved