MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/06/2010 09:06 AM

Researchers at the Norwegian University of Science

Nitalynn
Nitalynn  

Here is a study I ran across. I'm not sure if I agree with it because I'm not sure if the weigh gain and lack of exercise is a cause or result of the fibro. In my own case I know for a fact that I was much more active and weighed a lot less before the diagnosis than after.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/187172.php

05/06/2010 10:53 AM
kelliannette

all i have to say is my nausea has caused me to lose a ton of weight.. the pain has been so bad... so i may be an anomoly.. i usually am...

05/06/2010 03:37 PM
RedGirl

The description in this research doesn't fit me. Before FM I walked anywhere from 2 to 14 miles at least five times a week. Just about 6 months before FM hit me like a ton of bricks I had hiked across the Grand Canyon. For those of you who don't know, my hiking trip included an approximate 14 mile hike the first day (North Rim to Phantom Ranch near the Colorado River), a short hike the second day, and a 10 mile hike (from Phantom Ranch out to South Rim). I also did a bit of weight training. I won't try to tell anyone I was the most fit person in the world prior to FM and I had a bit of extra weight but I don't think I'd have been considered obese then and I was quite active. So I don't know about this one..................

Red

05/06/2010 04:00 PM
queenothmadhouse

I agree with you guys. I had some extra weight but not a lot and I was sooooo much more active way back when. Since then, I hardly have any activity at all.

05/06/2010 04:11 PM
jbrock06
jbrock06  

I was super active, and in the military prior. I was not overweight. I gained 75 pounds in two months in 2008 because of meds... Since then, I have lost it, and I'm less than ten pounds over weight now. I feel worse now, than I did when I was obese!

05/08/2010 07:27 PM
janquito
janquito  

I, too, was always active and had maybe a bit more weight but I'd had a baby. I was always thin and very active. I gained more weight from meds since having fibro than I did with any of my pregnancies. I lost a lot but now being switched to another medication, I'm on my way up again. Oh how I hate this! I did leave my opinion at that website about the study. Maybe you all should, too.

05/08/2010 07:31 PM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Leave opinions on the study itself that we werent part of or just what you think about the article? I guess I should read it to see what you are talking about.

05/08/2010 08:33 PM
JoElaine
JoElaine  

Personally, I think that if you are going to research something like fibro, then all the researchers should have it, so they have personal experience. I say forget the study> JoElaine

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved