MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/08/2009 06:30 AM

Going Blind?!?

LockMan
LockManPosts: 812

Over the last week I have noticed my vison deteriorating at an accelerated rate. Two weeks ago I could read the clock at the bottom of the screen. For the last several days I haven't been able to read it without squinting and geting right up on it.

Has anyone else had such rapid deterioration of their vision? It goes without saying that I will call my doctor on this but any information would be helpful.

12/08/2009 10:32 AM
oroman
oroman  

I have read on other sites that our eyes are affected as we get older. I also believe that dry eyes and burning feeling is part of fibro.

I have to speak with my rheumy when I see him next week about this. I know its not allergies. I try the regular eye drops, but it doesn't help. When I get up in the mornings, my eyes are already red and they itch alot.

OlgaWink

Post edited by: oroman, at: 12/08/2009 10:35 AM

12/08/2009 11:26 AM
LockMan

Hmm... I've got an appt with an opthomolgist tonite. We shall see what he thinks. I called my PCP and when I ran down the symptoms they said "get to the eye doc asap" so maybe it's something else...

12/08/2009 12:09 PM
raynedae
raynedae  
VIP Member

It could be diabetes. That happened to my ex bf...he just really suddenly lost his distance vision. As soon as he got his sugar under control, he got his vision back. Glad you have an appointment.

Good luck...

12/08/2009 01:50 PM
oroman
oroman  

I like to read from WebMD site because it discusses the fibro issues we all are facing. It has lots of great topics and this one is there too.

And you are right about checking for Diabetes, Glaucoma, and any other problems. Our eyesight is too precious to over LOOK.

Olga

12/08/2009 01:57 PM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

If there's buring, blurriness etc along with it, it could be optic neuritis. It could be issues with the blood vessels or nerves behind the eye. There's so many things that it could be. I'm glad you're getting it checked out.

12/08/2009 05:16 PM
LockMan

Doc thinks that its fibro related or a medicine side effect. I've got a flare firing up now so it's possible that it's all it is.

12/08/2009 06:01 PM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

funny that you should mention this I started having bad eye sight last year had myeyes checked and they were alittle off but not bad..then if some of you will remeber I developed eye floaters that are from the lens and not the back of the eye like normal people..then the blurrieness has gotton worse and so has the floaters.I had asked the doc if it could have thing to do with fibro and he said it could be.

I recently read about the medicine causing it as well..i have blurry vision eye pain and floaters..so yep I think its related, though also if you have diabeties get them checked,lockman Im glad they are okay

12/09/2009 03:55 AM
oroman
oroman  

Its good to have all this info. available for the new comers. If they don't know about this, we can help them along the way.

LIke I said before, I have read so much about the different symptoms, aches, pain, etc.... that I sometimes feel like I have taken on a class in college, but I study at home and spend alot of time on this subject on the computer.

But if I don't do this, the doc's do not have time for me when I go for an office visit, so I better know what is what before I spend a co pay and get the run around. Believe me, now a days the doc's see as many patients as possible in one day, so I go to see them with a list of questions and some answers and wait on them to confirm what I already know.

I can't prescribe my lab test, MRI's, meds, etc..... so the doc's then do this for me, with their license.

Huh, you say? Yep, thats the bottom line.

Olga

12/09/2009 07:50 AM
meglyle
meglyle  

I have noticed that when my fibro is acting up, that my eyesight is worse. I have also noticed that I can't focus as quickly when I look from one place to another. My "gut" says because fibro is nerve related, that it's fibro causing it. But, I agree that checking to be sure it's not something else (like diabetes) is always best. Bless your heart.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved