05/06/2012 09:38 PM

Good Books(page 2)

mem6526

It hurts too much to hold a book! Unsure Pinch Dizzy Wassat Blink

05/06/2012 09:48 PM
mabri
mabri  
VIP Member

I have a hard time reading anymore, cuz my attention span is so short. However, when I used to read, I found the "Left Behind" series was awesome.

There are I think 8 books, and they are about the end times. It is bible based although it is an actual story. It tells about what will happen after the Rapture and how life will be for the 7 years of Tribulation. The last book is "Glorious Appearing" which is about the return of Jesus to earth. I really suggest this to anyone who loves to read and is interested in the "end times"

05/06/2012 09:55 PM
bc1028
bc1028  

I love to read but sometimes my attention spa is too short or the "fog" makes it so I wind up reading a page twice. I LOVE Nora Roberts books and the books that she writes under the name J. D. Robb are my favorite. They are kind of future police/ love books.

05/07/2012 02:43 AM
Herblady
Herblady  

I have a Kindle...and LOVE it for reading, and I check on Amazon everyday for free downloads....love sci-fi books....and have read alot of the free ones, have many more to get to....but at least their waiting in my Kindle for me.....and yes, it eliminates the need to find someone or somewhere to put the "books"....

05/07/2012 04:18 PM
MoiraWolf
MoiraWolf  

Sci-fi is my favorite too! Well, Sci-fi and Fantasy! CJ Cherryh, MacCaffery, Asimov, oh crap, the FibroFog's hit me and I'm pulling an absolute blank on the most recent ones I've read! Drat! *sighs* no sense trying to remember now, it won't come.

Has anyone seen my memory running around here? I lost it again!

05/09/2012 06:04 AM
Beeleeg
Beeleeg  

I miss reading but it is too hard to keep a hold of the book, turn pages and I can't concentrate for long. It's too frustrating.

I certainly understand what you mean, the memory is a bit off.

05/09/2012 07:48 AM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

I actually read a book on my husbands kindle didnt think I would like it..when we have stuff we love to due sometimes we just have to find away to enjoy it diffrent be it listen to them on tape or computer,use a kindle instead of holding a book..for me they became my safe haven,I wont stop reading enless Im blind then Ill just listen,lol

sifi fantasy is my favorite to,my kids got me into it..lol

Marbi I saw the left behind books I am gonna read them..

05/09/2012 09:13 AM
MoiraWolf
MoiraWolf  

My mother is a huge fan of the Left Behind books. I've never read them myself. And audiobooks are a win! I used to listen to them while I was driving truck. They were especially good for night driving. Gave you something to concentrate on to stay awake.

Reading a great little book now, The Wisdom of the Native Americans. Absolutely wonderful book.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved