MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/26/2012 06:55 PM

Too happy to keep to myself

katiebear

I'm 32, and my parents were divorced before my second birthday. When my parents divorced my dad took all of my baby pictures with him. Someone told my mom that he had a huge bonfire with them shortly after the divorce.

Well my dad called me yesterday with a surprise. He has had the pictures all of these years, just sitting in a box. He started scanning them last week and has been uploading them to a photo share website. I have spent last night and today looking at pictures that I have never seen before, including pictures from my parent's wedding. Words cannot explain how happy this makes me. I burst into tears when I saw one of the pictures of my mom holding me when I was just days old.

02/26/2012 07:01 PM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

That's great that you have finally gotten to see them but crazy it's taken this long! Sounds like it wasn't an easy divorce.

02/26/2012 07:33 PM
ushie

I'm glad you had some of your childhood restored to you!

02/26/2012 08:08 PM
bfly
bfly  
VIP Member

That warms my heart sooooo much. How wonderful for you. What a gift! I hope you treasure them and that they continue to bring you much joy! Congratulations and thanks for the positive share!

02/26/2012 09:30 PM
MoiraWolf
MoiraWolf  

My daughter was only 7 when me and her dad divorced and he kept all my baby pictures of her. That was 18 years ago and he still hasn't given me any. My daughter found a few, less than half a dozen, but the marjority of them are still gone. He claims he doesn't know where they are. You are SO lucky! Congrats to you!

02/27/2012 07:40 PM
faieriemama
faieriemama  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

katiebear that's wonderful news I'm so happy for you dear. It may have taken a very long time to get them but the wait was obviously worth it. Hugs and Love

02/29/2012 06:31 PM
Moiaddy
Moiaddy  

That is so awesome.....enjoy getting acquainted with your early childhood.

Hugs....

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved