MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/01/2008 07:18 AM

Happy December Everyone:

janew15

I love December. It gives me and a lot of other naturally grumpy people an excuse to be happy and patient and tolerant, not to mention generous. Getting out my Christmas dishes and holiday decorations is an annual ritual that that I love. I cherish each ornament and can remember fondly everyone that gave them to me.

When you are out shopping, people are friendlier and more outgoing than any other time of the year.

I am a postal employee and enjoy immensely giving out the packages and assisting people in our lobby. Anyway I get a lot of joy out of this time of year and thought I would share some of it with all of you.

Have a Joyous Holiday Season.

janew15

12/02/2008 01:15 PM
shannygirl
shannygirl  

Happy December to you too jan Smile

I too love this time of year. We have a tradition of going to a tree farm and picking out a tree as a family, although I get final say so on the tree. I love sitting in the dark, well all lights off except for the tree and talking about Christmas with my girls.

I love smiling at the grumpy people I encounter, a trick I learned when I worked retail, and sometimes it makes them smile too.

There is such a festive feeling in the air that is almost intoxicating. I love trying to pass on the good cheer if I can. It makes me feel better inside too Smile

You have a very Joyous Holiday Season too.

Denise

12/02/2008 03:06 PM
Starr
Starr  

Yes, happy December, everyone. I love this time of year too, Jane. The Christmas season has always been my favorite time of year. My only hope is that Cornbread will figure out a way to share her mountains and snow with me. *dreams away, happily*

Happy Holidays, Everyone! Smile

12/02/2008 04:30 PM
gettingoldsucks
gettingoldsucks  

Wow,I envy you all. I was one of them that decked out the whole outside,inside, and did a new theme tree every year. This is the first year I haven't started any of it. Can't do the outside - can't handle the cold anymore. Wanted to put the tree up last weekend - couldn't cuz just cooking and cleaning turkey day messed me up and I'm still recuperating. Haven't started anything in the house cuz I'd have to clean it first. LOL. Up until this year I only needed one day downtime after doing just simple things now it's 4 and 5 days. Depressing. I used to love Winter now I dread the pain it will bring to my hands and feet.

I know one thing, when everyone shows up xmas day, they better be ready to cook and clean or it's Stouffers. LOL,but not kidding.

Hopefully the med I started last night will kick in in a few weeks and I may get that tree up.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved