MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/27/2008 03:28 AM

Thanksgiving Blow off So Steam Room

HAMPTON7026
HAMPTON7026  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

WARNING THE ROOM MY CONTAIN POSTS THAT WILL POSSIBLY OFFEND!!!!!! SO PLEASE, PREPARE YOURSELF IF YOU ENTER THIS ROOM YOU MIGHT NOT LIKE THE CONTENTS!!

Thanksgiving is a wonderful time for most people but its also a very hetic, painful, agravating day for some!! That is the reason for this post!! If your mad tell us so right here in this room. If your having a bad day tell us so right here!! Try to keep it as clean as possible but vent everyone, vent!!!!!!!!! Holidays can be stressful so if you feel the need, let it out!!

The warning is on this post about being offended so please don't complain if you don't like the contents, just overlook this one.

11/27/2008 04:04 AM
Midnyte

Thanks for providing this room Smile So far, my only vent (other than the pain) is that I baked my turkey breast side down *lol* It's so beautiful and brown but now I have to figure out how to flip it to brown the other side. I am annoyed that I am having to lift this bird in pain when even a few years ago it would have been nothing. I'd have flipped it and laughed. FMS and my other conditions are more annoying on holidays and special occasions than any other time. I figured if I began venting early, I wouldn't let so much steam build up and it come out at the wrong person later. I'm not good with crowds, even small ones, so being amongst 15 or so ppl is going to be an added stress today.

Thanks for listening.

Happy Thanksgiving all!

11/27/2008 04:12 AM
HAMPTON7026
HAMPTON7026  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

It will be juicer that way. All's good!! 15 people WOW!! Get someone up and tell them to turn that turkey over for you!! If you get stressed come on back to the room is up and ready!! If they get on your nerves to bad take a break from it all, excuse yourself, pop on, and tell us about it!! We'll be here!! But I can't turn that turkey for you sorry!! Would love to have a bite though!!

11/27/2008 04:18 AM
Midnyte

*lol* Wish I could send you a slice with all the trimmings! If the dinner was being held here, I'd be venting much more.. we're taking it plus 3 pies, a pumpkin log and "stump" (leftover batter baked into a small cake), dressing, cranberry sauce, and gravy to my SOs parents for lunch/dinner. It's my first time doing any "real" cooking for his family and I'm a nervous wreck. I've decided to let the turkey chill for the 15 minutes until he gets up again.

They keep a computer running all the time so maybe if I start to get too tense and nervous, I can pop back on. I tried to plan the cooking over 4 days so I wouldn't overdo and would give myself some ME time before time to leave. If all goes well, I'm taking a hot soak or shower before going. *crosses her fingers*

11/27/2008 05:43 AM
KristieMarieL

I'll join with a grrrr Thanksgiving post! Wink I am having the family here today, normally my gramma's job but she just had surgery and isn't up to it this year. About 75 people, give or take. No biggie, I can do it! Smile

My baby cousin (ok, so she's not a baby she's 27) decided that she's moving to Phoenix to be with some guy. *rolls eyes and gags* We are a fairly traditional family and for her to run off to live with a guy that we haven't met before is VERY taboo. I wish that he was a gentleman and would have flown here first and let us all meet him before we send our precious Jennifer down there. I think there's a right and wrong way about doing things and this is definitely the WRONG way. She is leaving Friday. Sad Sad

11/27/2008 07:32 AM
Midnyte

I can see where that is very frustrating and worrisome, Kristie. I hope all goes well. Two questions... how did she meet him and has she known him long?

I hope you have a great Thanksgiving and please don't overdo. Pace yourself and enjoy being with your family Smile

I have everything cooked now, managed to get my turkey turned over and browned thanks to my SO Smile Dishes are all done, straighten up a bit, so I'm making headway. Right now, the turkey is so tender and juicy, it's falling off the bones! I hope that it doesn't dry out while waiting. I keep basting it and have it on warm in the oven because I have no where else to put it right now. I'm taking a break before trying to clean up a bit more and trying to decide whether I'm going to soak or enjoy a long, hot shower to invigorate me. I've been stressing over little things that went wrong with all the stuff I cooked and if someone comes over will they think my house is a mess, but am putting that aside... well, trying to Wink

11/27/2008 10:05 AM
HAMPTON7026
HAMPTON7026  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

75 people!! Kristie, that alot of people to feed!! I hope some of them will help you out today. Try to enjoy yourself and take care of yourself today!! This room will still be open if you need it at any point, come on in!!

11/27/2008 11:33 AM
Starr
Starr  

Yeah...she's an inspiration to us all, isn't she! I only have a small turkey and dinner planned for three (well, three humans, anyway). Turkey's not even in the oven yet, as we've decided to eat late this evening.

The couple I've invite are out of propane in their camper, so they can't cook over there. She is supposed to be helping me with side dishes and stuff, but now it's all going to be done in my kitchen. I'm not accustomed to sharing my kitchen with anybody, so this will be interesting.Ermm

11/27/2008 11:40 AM
Galya
Galya  

My thanksgiving is just another day the family is away helping out at a soup kitchen about 1 hr away so we won't have a big dinner until sunday when we will all be together...I am bored and a bit upset about it but there is nothing I can do..I noticed my pain is worse today also..Someday I wonder why I even try..but I won't let the fibro win!!!!!

11/27/2008 11:44 AM
Starr
Starr  

Try not to be upset, Gayla. They are helping those less fortunate, which is something to be admired. When you have your get-together on Sunday, they may have all kinds of good stories to tell about their day today.

If you're bored today and in pain, then take this day for you. Relax, soak in a hot tub, grab all your favorite videos and veg out without guilt.

Take this time also to remember the things you are grateful for. When we remember the simple pleasures in life, things just seem better somehow. Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved