MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/14/2010 01:25 PM

Tornado weather

raynedae
raynedae  
VIP Member

I woke up this morning feeling like all my bones had expanded inside me and were trying to press through my skin from the inside out. My back is killing me and I'm having horrible spasms in my ribs.

I looked outside and was suprised to see how bright and sunny it was because it was so windy last night & I could hear the rain beating on the windows...sideways rain which isn't unusual in Oregon this time of year.

I turned on the TV just before noon for the news and caught a "Severe thunderstorm warning" on the Emergency Broadcast System. Then the news started and they were taking calls from a little town about 40 miles south of here that had been hit hard by a HUGE tornado. Now they're showing pictures and there's a brick church building that the roof is the only thing holding the building up...you can see where the walls have fallen down on both sides! Bricks! Houses are down, huge semis are lying on their sides, lawn furniture blown through car windshields...wow.

This is incredibly unusual in Oregon and usually when we do get a tornado it's almost always in the spring. Fortunately the tornado weather is headed for the foothills where the population is pretty light and not headed towards the city.

It's pouring down rain here now and I'm glad that I'm expecting a package and not going anywhere until later. People are so naive about tornados around here, now the news is showing all these pictures taken of debris flying DURING the tornado.

12/14/2010 01:31 PM
ouchee
ouchee  

That's scary.Ermm

Post edited by: ouchee, at: 12/14/2010 01:34 PM

12/14/2010 05:14 PM
raynedae
raynedae  
VIP Member

One poor woman and her dog took a "Wizard of Oz" trip in their house...the tornado picked it up, spun it around and dropped it again. The news didn't report if she landed on any witches. She said her poor doggy was pretty scared though...

12/14/2010 06:17 PM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Wow, Bobbi, that is very scary sounding ~~~

I am so glad you are safe and sound tho' ~~~ Smile

We re having record low COLD here in Ohio ~~~ it was only 4* with wind chill factor of -6 when I went to work this morning @ 5:30 AM and that is after 2 days of blowing, drifting snows ~~~~ Brrrrr !!!!

Marilyn

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved