MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/26/2010 09:08 AM

Ending Week Two

LockMan
LockManPosts: 842

Well, I've done five sesions of dialysis now and had a quick ligation of a collateral on my AV fistula to help with a flow problem. I don't mind the nail sized needles in the arm as much as having to hold the arm perfectly still for four hours. I get done and my whole body is one big cramp.

The nice thing is I get four hours of rest so my fibro doesn't bother me as much. That and I sleep solid for six hours. Then I wake up and can't sleep anymore. I'm getting up at 5 am now and can't get back to sleep. I've got better energy levels and I don't feel half dead. But I see why they wanted to wait as long as possible. Scheduling my life is a nightmare.

Thanks to all of you for your well wishes. I should be posting more now that I am not hurting as much. The access is getting better so they infiltrate less. I've got some wicked brusing from where the neddles didn't hit the accesss right and blood leaked into the surrounding tissues. But it's healing up and I can type better now.

11/26/2010 10:49 AM
faerie
faerie  

Hey Lockman,

I have been offline for a while and couldn't find any posts from you when I got back. I am so sorry you have been going through a tough time. Hang in there my friend. Sending lots of positive energy your way!

I am very out of touch. How are the studies going?? Do I need to call you Hospitaladminman instead of Lockman yet??

Lots of love,

Faerie

11/26/2010 11:31 AM
raynedae
raynedae  
VIP Member

Lockman I'm so very sorry you have to do this and I'm keeping you in my prayers that a donor is found for you soon. Bless you & your little family.

air hugs...

11/26/2010 03:12 PM
PCG
PCG  

So sorry for all these you are going through, glad you are at least getting to rest some.

Big hug

Paula

11/27/2010 09:22 AM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Lockman,

It is good to hear from you again ~~~~

I am sorry for what you are going thru and still praying that a donor match is found soon.

It sounds as if you are adjusting to the side effects of your dialysis well and taking everything in stride.

You (and your family) remain in my prayers ~~~ Smile

marilyn

11/28/2010 03:13 PM
LockMan

Well faerie, I just got done with the module on ICD-9-CM and next I ahve to chew through CPT... Argh... Very heavy stuff. For those who don't speak hospital administration it's the language that translates from doctor speak to insurnace adjuster speak. Oddly enough I find it interesting. I like puzling out from what a doctor writes to what an insurnace person wants to read. I hope to be done by January at this rate. Only two mods left but they are big ones.

Rest is one thing I am getting plenty of. I slept for an hour or so last time on the machine and I sleep much better at night now. Not napping as much as before and I drink a lot less tea. Overall I think this is doing good for me.

11/28/2010 03:48 PM
debbie1955
debbie1955  

Scott,

Glad to read that you almost can see the end of school. You're going to be so smart. I bet David is proud of his Dad.

Also glad to see you are getting some sleep. Is quiet there so you can sleep? And feeling better, is that more energy or less pain or just overall?

Hope you get to have a nice holiday this yr and have lots of energy.

Still have you in my prayers as well as your wife and David. Could I have your wife's name? I feel weird writing to Scott and David and then adding "the wife".

If not that is ok, or call her anything that would be ok with her.

Lots of hugs,

DebbieSmile Tongue

cat hang on my friend b5ce1cd9b8dfdc14c7a9b6a3e61249d8

11/28/2010 07:56 PM
faieriemama
faieriemama  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Lockman so good to see you posting again and feeling stronger. Still seeking blessigns of healing and praying for a donor soon. So proud of you for being able to get through ICD-9-CM and you'll do fine with CPT codes as well, if you can do ICD-9-CM then CPT will be a cake walk.lol Keep up the good work friend and so glad you're getting lots of rest too. Sending healing energies your way and big hugs. Blessed Be.

12/05/2010 02:17 PM
LockMan

Debbie, my wifes name in Nancy and thank you for the good vibrations. I get a little sleep on the machine. About halfway through the 4 hours I get sleepy and nod off for a half hour or so. It's more restful than you'd think. I tend to be more awake when I'm awake and feel less pain. I think I recover faster now and I get lets of feet up in the chair time now. I think the tues/thurs half days help with that.

Fairie, I am finding CPT to be easy. I'm afraid that I'm missing something because it seems easy... You know what I mean? I am putting in for a job at the VA Hospital as a prostetic device purchacing agent. It looks like a good fit for me. Pardon the pun. It has elements where mechanical and electronics would be good to know but also one needs to be able to deal with doctors and patients. I think I will have a good shot at it. Getting the old resume polished up as a type. I've got a couple of 20 year Air Force Vets in my stable of freinds and they are looking it over to see if I am translating from English to Military/Government well enough.

The good news is, it's a GS-6 position. If I can pull it off I will be making shitloads of money and have real health insurance for once.

12/05/2010 03:12 PM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

lockman I was just thinking of you..Im so glad you are feeling better.and things are looking up for you,as always your in my prayers..hows the family doing

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved