MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/17/2008 02:16 PM

I want a laptop

babykittyhere
babykittyhere  

Does anyone have any idea where I may find a really good but within budget laptop computer. It would make everything so much easier to communicate and enjoy the internet.Smile

10/17/2008 02:22 PM
homesickgranny
homesickgranny  

Hi friend... Try your local Pawn shop... With people needing extra money the even pawn these and many never come back to get them...

10/17/2008 02:26 PM
AphroditesRose
AphroditesRose  

or eBay...they have some good prices there too

10/17/2008 02:47 PM
mamanordy

Walmart sells really inexpensive laptops

10/17/2008 03:19 PM
Midnyte

www.tigerdirect.com has some really nice ones for reasonable prices and even their refurbished and open box products have warranties.

good luck finding one you really like Smile

10/17/2008 03:54 PM
Janilee

QVC also has them. You can google QVC and find when the next sale is for laptops.

10/19/2008 01:40 AM
IH8FMS
IH8FMS  

I guess the lousy economy is good for something... the prices are great right now! I just doubled the memory in my laptop for an unbelievably small amount!

I can highly recommend Tiger Direct. If you buy a refurb from them it usually has the same warranty as a brand-new one.

10/22/2008 01:36 PM
hipmama42
hipmama42  

I recently bought a brand new laptop that I am happy with on Dell's website, it's a Dell Vostro 1000 which is marketed for business clients, so you have to register as a "small business" to order it -- no biggie, they don't make you name the business or anything, I just put down "home business," -- and you can have it custom made with the features you need. The base model was $400 when I ordered mine, and it comes with a year warranty and tech support from Dell. I just checked and they are offering an instant rebate, so that the base model price is only $350 plus tax. This is not a mini laptop, it has a 15.4 inch screen, and it works great. www.dell.com go under "for office" click on "small business laptops" then on 'Vostro' if you want to check it out.

ps...I have bought THREE refurbed laptops off of eBay and they are all pieces of crap! None of them worked after a couple of months, they were old, slow, obsolete, and out of warranty by the time they broke down. Wherever you buy, be sure to get a warranty of at least a year, or you may well be stuck with a useless laptop. I bought a used Dell Lattitude for $300 on eBay earlier this year, from a dealer with a good feedback rating, and thank goodness I bought the Square Trade Warranty for it because I now have to send it back. It failed to even turn on after one week of use!

Tiger Direct is a good site for cheap refurbs with warranties, so go that route if you want a cheap used laptop.

I bought this brand new Dell laptop for not much more than I paid for the refurb Dell on eBay, and it has way more memory, faster processor, bigger screen, much sturdier, and a year factory warranty and support.

WalMart sells Dell and Compaq and Acer basic laptops at a good price too, but always do your research on the model you are considering!

Whatever

Post edited by: hipmama42, at: 10/22/2008 13:38

10/22/2008 01:53 PM
Midnyte

I need a motherboard and processor for my desktop apparently. Tigerdirect has had the best prices for that by far. We order all our parts and stuff from there and I so wish I had ordered the bare bones kit rather than the comp I have now. I'd have saved money and had more than a 90 day warranty. Research what you want before you buy and read the fine print.

10/22/2008 01:59 PM
Starr
Starr  

Or try Freecycle.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved