MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/28/2010 03:39 PM

Going Back to School!

naddya819
naddya819  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Well, sort of. I found out that I don't actually have to take a college course to be a Pharmacy Technician. All I have to do is take the test. So here's my idea. I'm going to purchase the textbook and go through the entire thing, as if I were actually in class. But I can do it at my leisure, and not have to leave the house for work. Then once I've completed it, depending on how I feel about the material, I will either purchase the study book for the test, or take the test. If I don't pass it the first time, I will look into taking the course at the local community college. If I do pass it, and get my certificate, then I will have plenty of time to put applications in at all our pharmacies, and, since I'll still be working my current job, I'll have the ability to pick the right offer with the right hours and benefits. I can choose because I won't have to take the first job offered to me! How's that for a plan??

06/28/2010 03:58 PM
tntmom1027
tntmom1027Posts: 537

Sounds great! My suggestions would be to also "test" yourself on each chapter...come up with,or if the book has them, questions for every chapter..not just easy ones! and try and answer them without looking them up.. It is a great way to just review in general.

GOOD LUCK!

06/28/2010 06:05 PM
jenigood1
jenigood1  

Woo Hoo!! Knock 'em dead!!

good luck bunny

06/28/2010 06:55 PM
PCG
PCG  

Sounds great! very good luck!

06/28/2010 07:42 PM
bittersweetlife

Sounds like a wonderful plan Naddya. Keep me posted to how your coming along with the material. You sound recharged and ready to go!! I'm happy that you're looking into another career. Walking as much as you do....and the danger involved......its just too much!!

I'm so happy for you!!! Good Luck!!!

06/28/2010 07:53 PM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

That's a great plan! I'm so happy for you. Hugs Wink

06/28/2010 08:28 PM
naddya819
naddya819  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Thanks, guys! I'm excited about this too! I drug out my old Medical Terminology book and I'm starting to review some of the stuff in there, because I'm sure I'll be needing some of it.

06/28/2010 08:34 PM
PurpleFlower21

what is Med term like anyways? I am going to be taking that in the fall along with Anatomy and Physiology 1, Intro to humanities, and Developmental Psychology. By the way Good luck with everything! I have a huge test comming up to get in to my program that I am shooting for to going in to. It is called the TEAS test. Dont ask me what it stands for but it has basic things in the test, including English, reading, math and science. I am so nervous and I have never really taken a 3 and a half hour test in ONE shot! I am planning to get the study guide either this week or next week. ANyways once again good luck with everything!!!!

06/29/2010 07:48 AM
naddya819
naddya819  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Med Term is mostly memorizing root words and stuff. I got a 4.0 in it. Flash cards will help. Good luck with the big test!

06/29/2010 08:42 AM
Clarita
Clarita  
VIP Member

Naddya, Great plan , well sounds good to me anyhowSmile! Just know all will be groovy with your most peachy self as you are an intelligent lady with the right kind of dynamic attitude so predict you will shine. Yet, if you ever need a cheerleader then this British bat girl you can count on for sure!!

To use an American term, 'You rockSmile'! To use a British term, You are ace! Ace= brilliant!

Giant gentle hugs,warmest wishes from warm sunny Devon, dolphin smiles from your friend ClaritaSmilexooxooxooxSilly

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved