MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/25/2010 05:39 PM

They've given him a number...

LockMan
LockManPosts: 821

...and taken away his name.

Well, not really. He's stil got a name.

But now my son has the Mark of the Beast! A Social Security Number is currently being assigned to him after FOUR YEARS of collecting paperwork, fulfilling demands and pulling out hair we have finaly gotten him a number.

Finaly he can be our little tax deduction!

Of course it took two round trips of 100 miles to get it done. They said all they wanted was me to come in and show them my ID but when I got there they wanted his most current medical records... So I had to drive back to Spearfish and get his records to drive back to get it done.

SLightly enracgeful but it's done.

Of course today they had to fax me a form to fill out because the State of Colorado wouldn't tell them if the birth certificate was a true document without my signature on a form but a flurry or faxing got it done.

Maybe I should have gone down to Mexico and paid Raul $500 and got a card that way...

03/25/2010 09:12 PM
bittersweetlife

They automatically gave my daughter her SS# when she was born, 21 yrs ago. Did they not do that in your state? I thought it was all automatic these days. Is he a "real boy", LOL (ya know, Pinocchio)LOL

I wouldn't put it past you Lockman, to have some strange circumstance! LOL Like a wooden boy!! LOL

All kidding aside, I'm sorry you are having these hassles!! At least the gov't now knows who he is!!!

03/25/2010 09:16 PM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Yes it will make it alot easier for him when he is older. Wink

My kids all got theirs automatically too. Was he born out of the country?

03/25/2010 09:56 PM
janquito
janquito  

I know a lot of people who refuse to get their SS# for their kids. I can see their point... I'm tired of the gov sticking their noses into our businesses. I think we sent away for my daughter's ?? I've not had much of a memory lately so who knows? Maybe she's not even my daughter. lol That is a pain though when they tell you one thing but then when you get there there is more to it than they told you. Sorry you had to go so far!

Have a great night!

Janet

03/25/2010 10:11 PM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Well I'm glad in my case because I am on disability so without social security numbers I wouldn't have gotten disability income for them which is another $1000 a month. When my husband was laid off he got a credit for each child per week with their socials from unemployment, tax time you get a tax credit, we couldn't put them on his insurance without their socials. They can stick their noses in my business as far as issuing a ss cards because it has only helped us not harmed. The only ones that can mess up their socials is them by messing up their credit when they get older. Wink

03/26/2010 05:39 AM
LockMan

When he was born there was a screwup. We started off with a home birth and my wife got stuck at 8 cm. So we went to the hospital and in the chaos that ensued from that situation the single sheet of paper they give you to fill out got lost. Either we didn't fill it out, they didn't pick it up or it got lost in the mail. Who knows. A few years later amid the flury of medical issues I had we realized no card came in the mail. Thus began a 4 year odysey to get him a number.

03/26/2010 06:17 AM
Natalia5150
Natalia5150  
VIP Member

Oh Congrats!!!!

He is going to be worth his weight in gold until he hits puberty!

03/26/2010 05:04 PM
LockMan

He's good for saving me at least $200 in tax this year. Might even get a tidy sum back for once! Got to do the maths this weekend.

03/26/2010 05:58 PM
naddya819
naddya819  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

So sorry to hear you went through all that trouble, though! Our daughters both got theirs automatically when they were born, but I think I lost one so I know what you mean about dealing with the SS office! More like the SS as in Nazis LOL. But of course, when YOU need something from the government, they take their sweet @ss time, but when you owe them, by golly you better pay up right away!

03/26/2010 11:05 PM
phire009
phire009  

Yeah,

My kids got theirs right after being born and that's been over 33 and 31 years ago, and they came right in to the room had me fill it out, took it right back with them, wouldn't even wait for hubby to come in and sign, made him stop and sign everything at desk he needed to sign before he could even come into room, and your right lockman will help you with taxes and you can even go back several years and redo taxes and with him as dependent might even get back money for those years!!!!

Might do the numbers and if comes out better for you can amend it and get a little more back from those years, that might help all the aggravation for making and fighting with them so much!!! LOL LOL

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved