MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/06/2009 08:32 PM

How many Canadian...

fibrochick76
fibrochick76  

No, that's not the beginning of a joke...LOL! I'm curious and wondering how many Canadians are in this group. I live in Alberta. It's dang cold right now, and apparently it is forecasted to remain that way all week (-25)ish. Sad We got hit hard with a ton of snow in the last couple of days. Wishing I was in Hawaii right now! lol

12/07/2009 05:22 AM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hello Nancy ~~~

I am not sure exactly how many Canadians we have here in the forum but I do know there are some.

Hopefully, they will see this and post to let you know.

Winter has finally come to Ohio also as my body is protesting the bitter cold we re having right now. Once it gets cold and stays cold instead of the up and down temps we ve been having, I should be much better.

We are having our first ""serious"" snow flurries this morning but of course, we don t get the ""dump"" snow as you do, I don t think.

I always get excited about the first ""official"" (deep) snow but then can t wait until April and Spring ...LOL !!!

Stay warm and safe ~~~

Marilyn

12/07/2009 05:38 AM
LockMan
LockManPosts: 832

I'm in South Dakota which is pretty close to Canada. I love hockey and cant stand football. We use canadian bacon on our pizzas. Does that make me sort of Canadian?

12/07/2009 07:02 PM
fibrochick76
fibrochick76  

LOL LockMan! Absolutely! As long as you use Canadian bacon on your pizza, you qualify Wink

12/07/2009 09:46 PM
Avalon
Avalon  

I'm in Eastern Canada Fibrochick. We had 35 cm of snow yesterday!!! Our first snowstorm this season. Now I hope it all goes away!

hugs

12/08/2009 05:35 AM
LockMan

Cool, eh! Can I get free health care now? The policy I'm on now blows, eh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_TfBbR6L0M

12/10/2009 03:38 AM
Lilsis
Lilsis  

Toronto Ontario Canada here, so blustery and icey out today, bad storm yesterday. Today lake effect snows and wind that cuts like a knife. I guess winter finally found its way to Toronto.

Keeping warm today LARGE cuppa Java anyone?

12/10/2009 06:42 PM
fibrochick76
fibrochick76  

I think you folks down East are getting all the snow we got over the last week. It's yucky Sad

Lockman, your policy might blow, but our wait time does Wink Just for fun, take a guess how long it took for me to get an assessment with a Rheumatologist...c'mon guess Wink My appointment was on Tuesday, and am still recovering from the exam...blah.

12/10/2009 06:44 PM
fibrochick76
fibrochick76  

Oh...Lockman, and then guess how long to get into the Chronic Pain Centre...lol. I could keep you playing this game for awhile Wink We'll call it "Guess how long it takes for a Canadian to get medical treatment" hehehe I'm bad!

12/11/2009 05:31 AM
LockMan

Oh I'll bet its something horrible. But then I had to declare bankruptsy over all the medical bills that I had incured over the last ten years. What is the medical bankruptsy rate in Canada? It's like anything else in life. Every positive has it's negative. This for instance is a great batch of people, but to get to hang out with you guys I have to have fibromyalgia. It's a fair trade, but a trade off none the less.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved