MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/31/2009 08:29 PM

just found this forum...

Tanglewood

Yay! Found you guys! A question about meds...I am seeing a doc on Wed and want to ask about "Cymbalta"...anybody use it?

Smile

08/31/2009 08:57 PM
raynedae
raynedae  
VIP Member

I used it for a couple of years and really liked it. I had to quit for financial reasons but if it's in the VA formulary, I'll be getting it back soon!

It helped more than Lyrica with my pain and it worked like a charm for depression. I really miss it.

08/31/2009 09:04 PM
stillhopeful
stillhopeful  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Welcome to our family! We are a great group willing to help in any way we can.

I was on Cymbalta and it did help with depression but it did not help me with the pain. After I took Cymbalta, I went to Lyrica, didn't work for me, then to Effexor~ no again. I am now on Savella and it has worked the best for me as far as the pain but the emotions are a little stronger. A little more frustration, and crying jags. However, you will find that what works for one person might not work for another. It kind of trial and error.

Again, welcome and I hope you will post often and enjoy our group.

Christine

08/31/2009 09:10 PM
raynedae
raynedae  
VIP Member

Oh Tanglewood, I forgot to say welcome...

I'm glad you found us but sorry you need us. Stick around, there will be lots of opinions offered on Cymbalta! Keep in mind that we fibromites are weird though and often have unusual reactions to drugs. Also that every single one of us will have a different reaction to EVERY drug. It's just the way we're built Smile

09/01/2009 04:36 PM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hi Tanglewood,

Welcome to our group ~~~ Glad you finally landed where you wanted to be ...Wink We re happy to have you with us.

I have never taken Cymbalta but know many here do so I will let them tell you the good/bad re: Cymbalta.

Right now (for over 1 year) I have been taking Lyrica, and I do know that many have had problems with that also, but it has been working just great for me so far.

Just a little hint ~~~ before you see your dr. on Wednesday, write down any questions you might want to ask so you don t forget them that day. It helps me !!! Smile

Hope to get to know you better soon ~~~

Marilyn

09/01/2009 06:30 PM
hopefull1
hopefull1  
VIP Member

Welcome to the group Tanglewood!!! I haven't had luck with the standard fibro meds, but they are worth trying. Everyone seems to find a different combo that works for them. I get the biggest relief from pain meds and muscle relaxers. I hope you stick around and take the time to read through the threads and post so we can get to know you. If you have questions or need to chat with someone, please feel free to PM me anytime. Smile

09/01/2009 06:36 PM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

we are glad you found us..many here take cymbalta I myself do also,the only side effects I have is if I dont take it. are you taking any other meds?

09/01/2009 06:36 PM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

I'm on Cymbalta. I have not had any side effects. It doesn't help my pain, but does help with the depression aspect. I am an odd ball though in that hardly any med helps me at all. Never know till you try it.

09/01/2009 06:52 PM
shortstuff116
shortstuff116  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Tanglewood, WELCOME! Hi, shortstuff here. I am taking Cymbalta and it really helps with the pain and for depression. I never throught that a anti-depressant can help with pain but, this one does. The way I found that out, is my doctor took me off of it because of all the other meds I was taking and he felt that I was being over medicated, he took me off that and my amitriptyline. Boy did I feel the difference when I got off those two. The pain was out of this world, it hurt to move,walk,talk,sit, you name it I could not handle the pain. I put myself back on them, I had to. And I have been on them for almost a year, the third of this month will be a year that I started taking them and seeing my Rheumy.

I wish I could do more for you, But I am not a doctor. I can only tell you how it works for me. I hope that you can find the answer you are looking for. But, I am glad that you have joined us. Again, WELCOME!!!!!! God Bless You. shortstuff

09/01/2009 07:27 PM
naddya819
naddya819  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Welome to the group, but I am sorry to say that I'm sorry you need to be here! We're like a pretty close family, though, so you should be comfortable here!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved