MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/10/2009 06:59 AM

Fibromyalgia hurts

melody163

Finally, i have found someone to talk to! I have been alone in this journey. I am so happy just to know that

your all out there.

08/10/2009 07:03 AM
Mispati3
Mispati3  

Welcome Melody! You are not alone.

08/10/2009 07:46 AM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hi Melody ~~~

Yes, we are here and willing to talk with you anytime about what you/we are going thru suffering Fibro.

Welcome to our group ~~~ we re happy to have you here.

Marilyn Smile

08/10/2009 08:25 AM
melody163

Thank you, I recently lost my job because they said they felt the job was too stressful for me!It was really because i couldnt work out on the sales floor(retail)

I was Human Resource Manager. I had just given them a note from my doctor!I have been in this field for 30 years. I am forgetting things and have been unable to complete simple tasks. I know i have to apply for disability, but it takes so long a person could starve to death and end up homeless by the time you wait on the systems!I lost the use of my hands for tree months, couldn't even feed myself, my hands felt like they were broken with baseball bats!Boy, it can sneak up on you anywhere and anytime can't it? So the process

begins!Where do i start? Im sure i will find out!Take care and God bless!

08/10/2009 08:34 AM
Mispati3
Mispati3  

What a perfect discription! "my hands felt like they were broken with baseball bats" Boy, do I know what you mean!

I'm so sorry you lost your job. I know it's one more thing you have to worry about. I wish you the best with your disablity claim. Yes, I've heard it takes a long time. Others here have gone or are going through the process.

You take care, too!

08/10/2009 08:39 AM
Barbara43
Barbara43  

Wink You are never alone with Fibro if you keep this website handy. We are all in the same boat. Flares, pain, depression; we all have seen it. Take care and I see you soon.

Love,

Barbara43

08/10/2009 10:37 AM
mammy
mammy  
VIP Member

Welcome to the family Melody. Please stick around and ask as many questions as you want. You are not alone anymore and I'm happy you found us. We all know what you're going through and everyone here is so understanding so you've come to the right place.

I had to leave a good job too, I just couldn't do it anymore. I only waited about a year from start to finish before winning my disability case. It's different for everyone. There is existing threads where you could find lots of information if you type it into the search box. Let me know if I can help with anything and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Connie

08/10/2009 11:33 AM
hopefull1
hopefull1  
VIP Member

Welcome Melody! It is hard to leave the working world and the income but you learn in the end what is truly important in your life. This group is a great start to creating a new life for yourself. I have made many great friends and met wonderful people here. I hope you have the same experience. I look forward to getting to know you. Smile

08/10/2009 11:39 AM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

Welcome to the group. I'm currently applying for disability too. I went with Allsup. They have done a great job so far. I'm at the ALJ stage. I went with them because I knew there was no way I'd be able to do all of that paperwork on my own. My dad's using them too. He was just dxed with Parkinson's.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved