MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/25/2009 03:12 PM

Introduction

RJOGORD

Hi everyone,

My name is RJ and I was diagnosed with FMS about nine years ago. Right now, I've been battling a recent flame up for about six straight days. I've been trying to find someone like myself to express and communicate what it is like living with FMS. I hope I have now found it.

I have FMS+CMP plus a few other conditions mostly due to those. I am hoping to be able to get some things off my chest and would love to hear about others and what they are going thru. I am a man. I first heard that FMS was mostly in women but I have come across numerous men at the VA hospital who also suffer from FMS,CMP and other chronic pain conditions thought to have been found mostly in women.

Once again I am looking forward to exchanging ideas and listening to others who also suffer. RJ

Post edited by: RJOGORD, at: 07/25/2009 03:13 PM

07/25/2009 03:20 PM
River
River  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Welocme RJ I can always use another brother...You are not alone here we have men and women. this is a great place you get thinks off your chest vent all you want. We are here for you. HUGS river

07/25/2009 03:53 PM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

There is even a men with FM forum on here so you are not alone. True it affects women more than men, or men just don't want to admit it one. Either way we're both in pain.

07/25/2009 04:10 PM
aTinaL
aTinaLPosts: 11832
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

RJ, welcome to our Wonderful World of Mighty Fibromites! It's a pleasure to meet you Smile

We do have a great group here. I'm confident that you'll find that there are lots of people here that you'll connect with. I understand that men have very specific issues with fibro, but you can be as open as you'd like here. We all certainly are! Yes, we even talk about S-E-X! Blush

More than anything, though, we have a lot of love and support to give. We even have lots of tips and tricks. PLUS we still manage to have some fun!

A lot of the men hang out here anyway. You're more than welcome to join both.

So please do make yourself at home and post away! I, for one, would love the chance to get to know you!

Big Newbie Hugs, Tina

07/25/2009 04:27 PM
mammy
mammy  
VIP Member

Welcome RJ, so glad you joined us. If it is support and understanding you are looking for then you have come to the right place. The people here are the best too. Feel free to jump in on any conversation or start a new discussion with any specific questions you might have. Don't be shy, as Tina said, we talk about everything and share our experiences here. This site has truly been a blessing to me, I was in a very bad place when I joined. So please stick around and let's get to know each other Wink

Connie

07/25/2009 04:39 PM
hopefull1
hopefull1  
VIP Member

It sounds like everyone has given you a proper welcome. I'm glad you have joined our group. It's always nice to have some men around. I have an uncle and male cousin with fibro. I think there are more men out there then we know about they may not be as vocal as we are about it though.

07/25/2009 09:45 PM
shortstuff116
shortstuff116  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Rj, Welcome to our Group. It's so nice to have a man join our group. I hope that you don't mind talking to a bunch of women? Yes, you are right that FM is primarily diagnosed by women. But the books that I have read about Fibro, it is not only for women, there have been studies done that men get it to. One thing I would love to see happen and that is trying to find a cure for this. I know since I was diagnosed this past Sept. my life has changed so much. I have no idea what my life will be in two years. I do know that, instead of getting better, I can feel that parts of my life will never be the same no matter how much I want it to be. I am trying so hard not to give into this disease, But everytime I turn around there is something else happening.

So you see, You are not alone with this. I am glad that you have joined our family. I will warn you, as Ms. Tina said, we do talk about sex. We all support each other. we have fun, we laugh, we cry, we pick each other up, we are always here for nayone that just wants to talk. Venting is completely allowed. So again, Welcome. Hope to talk to you soon. God Bless You. shortstuff Blk welcome 1

07/26/2009 06:59 AM
Disentangler

Men, Women, and Kelly Tongue Technically I'm not quiet either, and yet both.

Welcome to our family RJ. I hope that you will find this group as positive, amazing, supportive and wonderful as I have.

With much love, hugs, and blessings, Namaste, Kelly

07/26/2009 10:07 AM
RJOGORD

Hi Kelly, thank you for your kind words. I hope to get a lot out of this website. I need to know there are others who are also in pretty much the same boat as myself. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you and others very soon. RJ

07/26/2009 10:14 AM
tracy6878
tracy6878  
VIP Member

just wanted to say hi and welcome you too!!! hope you find as much love and support here as i do...glad to meet you!!! welcome to the group!!!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved