MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/17/2009 04:19 PM

This is my first support group

Jennacs
Jennacs  

My name is Jenna and I have been having chronic pain for 3 yrs. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia this year after my pains overtook my entire body. I used to be able to work thru the pain and maintain a full time job then I decided to go to beauty school full time and worked part time in Jan. In May this year my pain spread to my muscles, especially in my neck and upper back, all my joints and my hips. It was constant severe pain 24/7 and kept me up crying all night long. It never relented like it used to before. This last month I was bed bound and unable to do anything. I cannot pay any of my own bills and unable to finish school. It got very depressing being so dependant on others for help. And burdening my 12yr old daughter with household responsibilities and caring for her 2 yr old sister made me feel terrible. After crying and begging my doctor for pain relief (I wanted to die) he finally put me on tramedol and my pain is almost all gone, the worst of my pain ( hips and back) still comes and goes but at least I feel like my life has hope. I wanted to join a group to talk about things that no one else in my life can relate to. Thanks.

07/17/2009 04:30 PM
aTinaL
aTinaLPosts: 11832
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Jenna, welcome to the Wonderful World of Mighty Fibromites!

I am so happy to hear that the doctor found something that works for you. It's so important to have an good, understanding, compassionate doctor. Nobody should have to suffer in that kind of pain.

I hope that you'll spend some time with us. Post to your heart's content so that we can get to know each other. Most importantly, know that you're not alone.

Newbie hugs, Tina

07/17/2009 04:31 PM
shortstuff116
shortstuff116  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Jenna, Welcome! We all know where you are right now. Don't feel that you are alone, You're Not. I am so happy that you have joined us. anytime when things feel like they are more than you can handle, Please come here and we will help. You have come to the right place for understanding, support, advice, love, and some amazing friendships that will never let you down no matter how bad you feel, we are always here no matter what. So, Again, Welcome! Hope to talk to you agian soon. If you need to talk, Just PM me and I will answer you. God BLess You and your girls. shortstuff welcome 4

07/17/2009 04:53 PM
fesup
fesupPosts: 3851
VIP Member

Hello and Welcome Jenna!

It's so nice to meet you. Hope you like it here. Looking forward to getting to know you.

A big HELLO and warm WELCOME from me to YOU!

9 Hithere 1

fessy

07/17/2009 04:59 PM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

07/17/2009 06:28 PM
River
River  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hello and welcome my name is River. HUGS

07/17/2009 06:34 PM
mammy
mammy  
VIP Member

Hi Jenna and welcome to our family. I'm glad that you have found some relief from your pain and I'm glad that you are here with us. If you let us, we will help you get though this as we all understand everything you have to deal with. You don't have to be alone now.

Keep us posted on how you're doing!

Connie

07/17/2009 06:41 PM
emendoza23
emendoza23  

Hello Jenna, Welcome to our group. You have found an outstanding place for valued friendship and awesome support. We all have a story to tell and we always love to hear each others.

Please, make yourself comfortable and stay a while.

Elizabeth

07/18/2009 11:29 AM
Jennacs
Jennacs  

Thank you so much for the warm welcome everyone Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved