MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/31/2009 03:12 PM

Just found you guys!

grandmalynda
grandmalynda  

I belong to 2 other groups in MDJunction and just found the FM group today. I am thrilled. I was diagnosed with FM about 15 yrs. ago. Life was intolerable for a very long time. I joined an online group similar to this one that was very helpful. Eventually I got so depressed that I dropped it and everything else good in my life. After many med trials I started taking Lyrica about 2 yrs. ago. It was my saving grace. I still had fibro and many of the things that go along with it but it was at least more tolerable. The flares were fewer and farther between. But all good things must come to an end, so they say. In Jan. of this year my husband lost his job; along with that went the medical insurance. No more Lyrica (waaaaay too expensive), no more trigger point injections, and no more Tordol injections; all of which were helping to maintain my sanity. Now it's all back to square one. And to add insult to injury, I'm on a new psych med that causes muscle stiffness. Go figure! I don't know if I can stay on this one but it is starting to help the mania. I'm very confused about what to do.

Eventually my husband will be working again and sometime in the future we'll have health insurance again, but my dilemma is what to do in the mean time. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you soon.

LyndaErmm

05/31/2009 03:48 PM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

Hey Lynda. I'm in that same uninsured boat with you so pass the sunscreen this way! Wink I just wanted to say welcome to the group. It's a great group of people and will give you lots of support and laughs!

05/31/2009 03:51 PM
hopefull1
hopefull1  
VIP Member

Welcome to the group Lynda! You will find a lot of amazing people to offer you support and suggestions. It's great to meet you!

06/04/2009 04:36 PM
booklady14
booklady14  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Welcome to our fibro family. We are glad you found us, but hate to get to know you through sickness.

But, I am especially the lost of job, income and medical needs. I pray that he will find another job and then some. But, usually when he gets another job, don't they have open membership, so you don't have to wait 90 days.

I'm, again feel so terrible about your situation, and I hope it ends up soon.

Kathy

Hugs

06/04/2009 05:01 PM
aTinaL
aTinaLPosts: 11832
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Lynda! I'm so glad you found us, too! Welcome to our Wonderful World of Mighty Fibromites!

I hope you'll hang out with us now that you've found us! You can tell us whether or not we're not the funnest group on MDJ Wink Hahaha!

I can't wait to get to know you Smile

Newbie hugs, Tina

06/04/2009 05:51 PM
BelaBo

Hiya Lynda, I'm glad you found us. Sounds like in the nick of time too. I'm sorry about your situation and hope things get better for you soon. It's no fun being without insurance or meds that's for sure but with our help, you'll get through it.Smile

You may want to contact Pfizer and see if you would qualify for free Lyrica.

http://www.pfizerhelpfulanswers.com/pages/misc/Default.aspx

Pfizer LYRICA Call Center for Fibromyalgia Patients 1-888-5-LYRICA (1-888-559-7422)

Good luck and feel better soon. Welcome to the group!

Post edited by: BelaBo, at: 06/04/2009 06:10 PM

06/04/2009 06:07 PM
shortstuff116
shortstuff116  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Lynda, WELCOME TO OUR FAMILY! I am so excited that you found us and it sounds like you are going through a rough patch. I am so sorry for that.

We are all here to help, comfort, give advice and listen. We all understand that having Fibro and all that goes with it is not easy and not having meds. to help is brutle. Again, WELCOME! God Bless You. shortstuff

Post edited by: shortstuff116, at: 06/04/2009 06:10 PM

Post edited by: shortstuff116, at: 06/04/2009 06:11 PM

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved