MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/13/2009 07:01 AM

New Here..Frustrated

VonBrendal

Hi .. my name is AnneMarie, I am 48 years old, and currently struggling with intense muscle pain that effects mostly my lower body.. I explain it... that it feels as if as an unconditioned person, I ran a marathon,.... my butt, thighs and feet are in agony. The pain level changes from day to day but is always there. I have had every test know to man and everything has come back negative. The word Fibromyalgia has come up several times .. but because I don't have the classic tender points they don't know what to call it. I just recently read that some people don't have the tender points .. has anyone ever heard that?? I am looking for friendship and support here Unsure I feel as though I am being avoided by my life friends because this illness has changed me, and I have to admit that I am disappointed at the people who I thought were really good freinds who have started to avoid me .. it makes me so sad, I know if it were the other way around I would at least say .. is there anything I can do? .. I have had none of that from my two closest girlfriends Sad I am hoping I can make some bonds here to help me accept the real loss I am feeling. Thanks for listening AnneMarie

05/13/2009 07:48 AM
aTinaL
aTinaLPosts: 11832
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

AnneMarie, I'm sorry you're feeling so much pain and so alone. You have definitely come to the right place. The Wonderful World of Mighty Fibromites!

I have heard of people with fm not having the classic tender points. I think they then diagnose it with wide spread pain over the course of several months, taking into account your medical history.

Your story certainly sounds like fm, the pain and isolation, even losing friends.

FM is something that affects every area of our lives, not just our bodies. It affects your job, your marriage, friendships, self esteem, it can lead to severe depression, and generally it affects your financial life, too. Due to the endless tests and years of medical care before you finally get a diagnosis. Due to the fact that at some point, most of us can no longer work.

All of that said, you have come to the right place. We have a lot of love and encouragement to give, support where you need it, AND we manage to have a lot of fun, too!

So, AnneMarie, make yourself at home. Post as much as you're able to so you can get really involved with the group. Doing that you won't be able to help but make some really great friends along the way.

Welcome aboard!

Newbie hugs, Tina

05/13/2009 08:11 AM
Kgrin
Kgrin  

AnneMarie Big welcome to you.. Anytime you need an ear we are all here for you!!

Kerri

05/13/2009 09:04 AM
VonBrendal

Thanks for the welcome ... it is much appreciated!! I think your going to be seeing alot of me lol Smile AnneMarie

05/13/2009 09:40 AM
miriamnoble
miriamnoblePosts: 70

I'm new here too, and everyone has been wonderful. I'm glad you're here. I lost my husband because of my fibromyalgia, and I can't really work. Most of the people here have the same or similar problems, I'm finding. You're not alone at all.

I am not at all a doctor, but I've always been told that fibro is only fibro if it's on both sides of the body and both above and below the waist. That being said, since there are no definitive tests for Fibro, who knows if that's really true. The only reason I bring it up is that there are other chronic pain disorders that might fit your symptoms better, but what's the difference? It will be about managing the pain and whatever other symptoms come along, and a support group like this will be helpful regardless. I do hope you get a diagnosis, though, just to be sure it's not something other than chronic pain.

Post edited by: miriamnoble, at: 05/13/2009 09:42 AM

05/13/2009 11:00 AM
bc1028
bc1028  

AnnMarie, welcome to the group, I know that it is frustrating not knowing what is going on, most of us have been there since most of the time it takes a long time to actually get a dx of fibro. Are they testing you for anything in particular? I hope tha they can figure out something soon, I know it is frustrating when you do not know what is going on. Please stay with us for a while. We would love to get to know you and try to help you through this.

05/13/2009 04:26 PM
fesup
fesupPosts: 3851
VIP Member

Ann Marie what a pretty name.

Can I call you Annie? I always loved that name. Tomorrow tomorrow I love ya tomorrow your only a day away. la la Sorry I tend to wander off in song.

So glad to have you here. You'll make good friends here.

We are a very caring bunch.

Hope to see you posting so we can get to know you. Looking forward to it.

a big HELLO and a warm WELCOME to ya

welcome with ducks

fessy wessy ducky butt

05/13/2009 05:55 PM
booklady14
booklady14  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

cid X MA1 1218477265 aol

05/13/2009 07:58 PM
hopefull1
hopefull1  
VIP Member

Welcome to our wonderful group of supportive, crazy, compassionate and funny people. You are gonna love being here. I know I feel happy logging in knowing my spirits will be uplifted and my thoughts will be heard.

05/14/2009 05:22 AM
2009Fibro
2009Fibro  

WELCOME TO THE GROUP!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved