MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/05/2009 08:49 AM

The new girl...

mcShep

Hi everyone, My name is Marcia and I'm 48, trying to get control of my fibromyalgia pain instead of the other way around. I have plenty of loving and caring friends and family who care but no one REALLY understands what I go through. So it is my goal to do everything I can to manage my pain, I hoped being able to share with others with FM might help too.

05/05/2009 09:21 AM
aTinaL
aTinaLPosts: 11832
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Marcia, hi! Welcome to the Wonderful World of the Mighty Fibromites! You're in the right place Smile

I'm so glad you have supportive friends and family. That's a huge part of the battle.

You're doctor is another big part of the equation. Do you feel like your pain is being adequately managed?

You will find lots of tips and tricks here, as well as support, encouragement, and a few chuckles!

The best way to get the most out of the group is by being as involved as possible. Post away! Ask anything you'd like, jump into any threads you'd like to.

We're open 24/7!

Welcome hugs,

Tina

05/05/2009 09:34 AM
amazzon

Hi Marcia! It's very nice to meet you darlin'!

05/05/2009 09:53 AM
hopefull1
hopefull1  
VIP Member

Hi Marcia, you're in the right spot for support. Welcome to the group!

05/05/2009 11:05 AM
mcShep

Wow! Thanks everyone! I'm really excited to be here! I have been thinking about finding a support group for some time now.

I have a great physician. I take Lyrica and recently added another med for flare ups. I use a trainer at the gym who modifies my sessions according to how I'm feeling on that particular day.

The worst part of having FM for me is at night. I work evening shift at the hospital and if I'm having a mild flare in the morning, it's 10 times worse by the time I get off work. SOmetimes I can't even walk to my bathroom at home. It's exhausting.Smile

05/05/2009 11:10 AM
aTinaL
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

05/05/2009 11:12 AM
aTinaL
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Marcia, I firmly believe that a support group is vital to our fibro health! I'm so glad you joined us!

Feel better!

Hugs,

Tina

05/05/2009 11:16 AM
Kgrin
Kgrin  

Marcia big welcome to you!! You will definitely find a lot of caring supportive people here for sure.. We are really glad you found us..

Hugs to you!

05/05/2009 11:50 AM
Auriel
Auriel  

Welcome to our family! I noticed that you work at a hospital. What do you do there? I ask because I am studying to be a nurse (at age 51 it isn't easy).

05/05/2009 11:55 AM
mcShep

I'm a CT (Cat Scan)tech. We have two scanners. I have been in the medical field for almost 30 years. I can't imagine doing anything else. That's probably cuz I've never done anything else but work in hospitals! How far along are you in nursing school? Do you have a specialty in mind yet?

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved