MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/24/2012 12:58 PM

Hello

okeesgirl
okeesgirl  

Hi, I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in October of 2009 when I ended up in the ER for the third time with pains in the region of my chest. I had a hard time explaining my pain to doctors who with any mention of chest pain automatically assume that it is your heart. I tried telling them that the pain was more deep inside my chest that where my heart was. Anyway, with the mention of this term I felt that I was being referred to as hysterical, a real head case. So I fought the diagnosis. I researched and had other doctors all agree that this is what was causing my polymyalgia response in external examinations. So here I am. Glad to meet you all.

04/24/2012 01:36 PM
MoiraWolf
MoiraWolf  

Hello and welcome! We're a great group of people, more like an extended family really. You're allowed to come here to learn, gain and give insight, rant, rave, live, laugh and love. We all "get it."

There's some great posts and lots and lots of information on these pages. Browse around and jump right in!

04/24/2012 02:00 PM
okeesgirl
okeesgirl  

Thank you

04/24/2012 02:16 PM
mem6526

okeesgirl,

Welcome to the group! Smile

04/24/2012 04:24 PM
ushie

Hi, and welcome! I had and have that same chest pain! I called the EMTs the first time! Isn't Fibro wonderful??? Like a box of bad tricks...

04/24/2012 04:46 PM
MoiraWolf
MoiraWolf  

Sort of like Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans.... you absolutely never know what you're going to get, and most are nasty! W00t

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved