MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/14/2012 09:12 PM

Refered to a Rumiitologist...(page 2)

JJAbs08
JJAbs08  
VIP Member

Ok folks the day finally came...I had my first Rhuemy apt today. How did it go? Good...I think. I like the doctor. She really listened to what I had to say. And then she was the one that brought up Fibro...not me. She did the tender point exam have no idea how that turned out except she mentioned Fibro after it. She wants to get an accurate diagnosis. She's going to look at my last labs from my primary...and see if she needs to order more. She wants me to have a sleep study. Which should be interesting since I Sign in my sleep. And she put me on Meloxicam. Has anybody used that?

I guess that covers it. Thanks all.

Night

Jj

05/14/2012 09:15 PM
mem6526

Meloxicam is Mobic. It killed my stomach. What did she prescribe you for Fibromyalgia? Here is some information on what Meloxicam is:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0000173/

05/14/2012 09:38 PM
JJAbs08
JJAbs08  
VIP Member

Nothing...I'm already on Cymbalta so maybe that's why she didn't put me on anything else. Tks for the link.

Post edited by: JJAbs08, at: 05/14/2012 09:41 PM

05/14/2012 09:39 PM
mem6526

Did she prescribe a muscle relaxer?

05/14/2012 09:41 PM
JJAbs08
JJAbs08  
VIP Member

No but I have one from my primary doc

05/14/2012 09:44 PM
mem6526

So has this Rheumatologist diagnosed you with Fibromyalgia?

Also what muscle relaxer do you take and what is the dose of your Cymbalta?

Is the Cymbalta helping you at all? Make sure when you take the Meloxicam you eat something. It killed my stomach. But everyone is different. Wink

05/14/2012 09:54 PM
JJAbs08
JJAbs08  
VIP Member

She said that she wants to get an accurate diagnoses, and wants to see what labs that have yet to be done. She says she does the lupus test differently than most, so we shall see. She also wants to see if anything could be secondary to the Fibro...making it worse.

So guess the answer is: Unknown. She seemed to think it was Fibro but wants to dot her I's and cross her t's.

I not sure which muscle relaxer it is...cylob...something. Anyway it's in my purse and I'm in bed...and am not moving unless absolutely nessary (bad day.) the Cymbalta is 30mg 2x daily. It helped a lot in the beginning..though the pain never compleatly went a way (does it ever)...lately it seems to be wearing off or not as effective.

Tks for the tip about food. I do it with any NSAIDS.

Jj

Post edited by: JJAbs08, at: 05/14/2012 09:55 PM

05/14/2012 09:54 PM
shayluna
shayluna  

I got put on meloxicam last week at my rhumie appointment. I'm not sure it's helping a lot, but I have a little relief from it. I didn't get prescribed a muscle relaxer, but that may come at my appointment in July. My rheumie is running some blood tests to rule out rheumatoid arthritis, but he thinks it's fibro.

06/24/2012 07:55 PM
JJAbs08
JJAbs08  
VIP Member

Hey y'all,

I'm still around. Just haven't been here. Hope all is well and as pain free as we can be. I've gone back to the Rhuemytologist, and she ordered some blood work and a sleep test (those should be called anti-sleep tests.) which came back "normal". Not that I want sleep apnea or restless leg syndrome (thank goodness I dont), but an explication on why I cant get to sleep or stay asleep would have been nice...

Sorry, gone off on a venting tangent. Anyway I have been diagnosed with Fibro. She also prescribed water theropy. I haven't been yet, but plan on trying it. So that's the update. Pain wise I've been doing pretty well...except for today, had a small flare up hoping its not turning into a full edge flare up....we'll see. Talk with y'all later

Jj

06/24/2012 10:17 PM
MoiraWolf
MoiraWolf  

Hey JJ. So glad you don't have sleep apnea or RLS, both are a booger to deal with.

Hang around more, we've grown quite a bit! And watch out for that Reality World! she tells the most horrible jokes!W00tSmile

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved