MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/30/2009 08:21 AM

Hello from Canada

pajamapama
pajamapamaPosts: 533

Hi Everyone

I'm Pam and live in Ontario, Canada. I have had fibro since 1993, didn't really 'accept'it until 2002 and have been up and down physically, mentally, and emotionally since then. I think my story is fairly typical - trying all different treatments but have had little success. Lately, I have been really down - I'm going through menopause and I think the hormones are contributing to my mood, fatigue and pain. The doctors have recommended a change in medication - weaning off 3 drugs which will be replaced by one. Hoping this will help, but in the meantime, I am reaching out for a place where everyone "gets it" while I am trying to get out of this slump.

01/30/2009 10:22 AM
shortstuff116
shortstuff116  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hello from Canada, Welcome to our family. We all understand what you are going through and we are all here to help. You have come to the right place for support. I was recently diagnosised this past Sept. I had no idea what Fibromyalgia was but, I have been suffering since 1988. All the doctors I went to didn't know anything about Fibromyalgia. I was greatful when I was finally given a name to what I had and then the fear hit me. When I found this web-site, I was lookig for support, information, friends,& understanding. I could not get over how many have this. I was really surprised. We all support each other, there's no judging from anyone and it's great to talk to someone about anything. So Again, WELCOME! God Bless. shortstuff

01/30/2009 11:10 AM
pajamapama
pajamapamaPosts: 533

Thanks for making me feel so welcome - its amazing how a few kind words and understanding can boost your spirits. I read your profile - there is no shortage of stress in your life! I hope your husband is doing well. You must be so proud of your son and what he is doing for his country. I'm glad I found this site - seems like a great bunch of people.

01/30/2009 01:13 PM
Iknowpain
Iknowpain  

Hi Pam. I am so glad to see you here. I know I already said this but welcome. I know you will get alot from this group. Please let me know if I can amswer anymore questions for you.

01/30/2009 05:30 PM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hi Pam,

Welcome, we re glad you found us !! This is a great place to make new friends that have the same issues with Fibro and such.

Make yourself at home and post away ...there is always someone here to chat with !!! Smile

Marilyn

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved