MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/17/2008 02:46 PM

Hi everyone, new to the site!

Kels
Kels  

So where do I start? First off, Hi to everyone! From what I have seen, this site looks like a great place... especially for someone like me, who didn't even know what Fibro was until around the time of my diagnosis. I have been in constant pain for about 4 years now, I dealt with it as long as I possibly could before going to a doctor about 6 months ago. In my experience, doctors are butt-heads (to put it nicely).... I went to one when the constant pain first started and they said I was young and basically blew me off every visit after that so I told myself I wouldn't go anymore, on top of the pain it was just too much emotionally. I felt like I was desperate for help, but nobody cared. So recently I went back, and this doctor diagnosed me with Fibro... I was so happy to finally know what the problem was and for someone to take me seriously! For a while I was driving myself crazy thinking it was in my head, or maybe I was just being a baby (all of which I've heard over the years). I now have a whole new set of problems having lost my health insurance... I just really need some support, I am very grateful to have found a site like this... I haven't really had the heart to talk to my friends or family about everything I'm going through, but they have all been wondering why I'm not myself anymore.

Thanks for listening.. I've got alot to get off my chest Wink

01/17/2008 02:54 PM
Snoopy30
Snoopy30  

Welcome Kels,

this is drfiantely the place to "get it off your chest". There is such a relief when you can finally put a name to what your feeling but then comes the frustration of noone understanding or being afraid to share it with outhers for fear they won't understand. Everyone here knows what you've been experiencing. We have all been there at some degree. There is so much to learn about fibro here, stuff that the dr's don't tell you mainly I think they don't know because they don't listen to us. If they would truely listen to what we a re experiencing maybe they would get further in determineing the why and how to make it better. Anyway You are now a part of our family and can feel free to vent anytime you need.

01/17/2008 03:12 PM
Kels
Kels  

Smile Thank You Snoopy!

01/17/2008 03:24 PM
wifeandmom
wifeandmom  

Welcome. I'm glad you found us. I have recently found this wonderful forum and it has helped me so much getting through each day. I have been diagnosed with Fibro for about 8 months and it was a relief to finally find out what was wrong with me. I have learned an awful lot and since joining this forum I have learned even more.

I am also going through the lack of insurance issue myself and dealing with FM and needless to say it is a pain in the butt to say the least. Most days I just tough it out since the medications I have prescribed are just way to expensive to buy.

If you just need an ear to bend all these people are great and we all understand exactly how you feel. That is what gets me through the day is knowing I can come in here and everyone knows how I feel. It helps take away some of the stress of having this. Can't wait to get to know you more.

01/17/2008 03:27 PM
kychick
kychick  

Welcome Kels, and I second what Snoopy said. This site has been a life saver for me and am grateful everyday for the smart empathic and sympathetic people I found here. There are several books that may help you understand things plus I would advise looking at some of the posts here. The more you learn,the more you can understand and realise alot of what is going on.There is also a post here called Letter To Normals that may help your true friends and your family. What you have is real,and it won't go away,so now you have to learn how to deal with it and how to explain it to the people who love you. If there is anything you need don't hesitate to ask me or anyone else on this site. You will always get a response and never get ignored which was the problem on alot of the sites I tried before i found this one.

01/17/2008 04:15 PM
Kels
Kels  

That Letter to Normals was really good! I would have never been able to express half of that even though I was thinking all of it! My BF read it and gave me a big hug and said he'll be there for me.... it made me feel good to know that someone understood. Thanks again Wink

01/17/2008 06:23 PM
kesslmama
faieriemama  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Welcome to our family,you can vent to us about anything we will listen and help if we can. All of the people here have been wonderful and a lifesaver or at least sanity saverSmile for me. I too love the letter to "normals" I sent a copy to my hubby and BF they both loved it and said it helped them to understand.

01/17/2008 06:58 PM
singingangel

Welcome, welcome, welcome. We are here for questions, venting, and even humor or anything else. That letter does express it very well.

01/17/2008 07:03 PM
Snoopy30
Snoopy30  

I'm so glad your BF read the letter and understood. Support of loved ones is very important

01/18/2008 05:58 AM
Aquarian211
Aquarian211  

Wow - it's a hard thing for others to understand.. glad you've got someone to lean on Smile continue to be honest with him / her... let em know how you are feeling - I myself kept it all to myself for awhile... and that didn't prove to be so successful! We're here for you! And as you read thru... the valadation is amazing!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved