MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/01/2011 11:59 AM

my story

ausiebound
ausiebound  

my name is Jess. I'm turning 21 this year and cant wait! i found out i had fiber at 18 years old from my doctor but i knew since age 16 that something was wrong with me.

i felt pain every where but mainly in my legs, hips and arms. my mother nevr listened to me, she kept saying it was growing pains but i wasnt growing at all.

what finally ,made my parents listen was when i was almost 18 and took a 5 min trip from a friends house to my house driving and sat in the driveway for over 10 mins crying from the pain and calling my parents to have my dad come and carry my inside because i could move because even when not moving or putting pressuar on my body it hurt to no end. that night i went to the er because no 18 year old should have to call her dad to carry her.

the er doctor told me what it could be including, cancer, fibermyalgia...ect.

we saw a specialest within a month that kept telling my it was growing pains, or that i was fat. this didnt help at all because i knew it was more than that. she finally did pressuar point test, blood work and other test and told me it was fiber, and procided to give me meds but they didnt help much so my mom did some googleing and we came across a diet that was gluten free and i tried that for 4 months and fallowing it very closly helpped but the one time that i had something with gluten the pain started again. since then i have stuck with it and have been blessed with reduced and tolibale pain for most days

08/01/2011 02:29 PM
mem219

Jess,

Welcome to our family! Look forward to gettin to know you better. Feel free to vent anytime. Thats what we are here for! Hang in there.

welcome smile

08/01/2011 05:23 PM
faieriemama
faieriemama  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Look forward to getting to know you better and while I'm glad you found us I'm sorry you had to have a reason to look for us.

08/02/2011 02:36 AM
ausiebound
ausiebound  

Thank you both! While writing that it brought back memories of when noone beleived me and the amt of pain that I was in. I'm so happy I have found a group of people that can truely understand what its like. And I hope to help young kids who are going though what I went though.

08/02/2011 04:40 AM
Wintersnow1

Hi Jess, Welcome to the family. The support here is great. I know that you will feel welcomed. I know exactly what you mean about being in pain as a kid. I remember being told that it was "growing pains" and my Mother rubbing my legs often. So, I guess I have had Fibro forever!

Hopefully you will find a "plan" that will work for you. I have tried just about every Fibro drug and have finally found something that works for me most of the time. It is very frustrating.

Good luck, sweetie.

08/02/2011 01:11 PM
ausiebound
ausiebound  

thank you! and i remember sitting at my moms feet every night begging her to chop off my legs cause if the pain Sad after i did a gluten free diet for over a yr...mind you thats really tough finantialy and tough going to college full time and working 50 hrs a week so i ended up stopping it and most days im fine but its so much better than it was. im glade you found something that works. thats the tough part and then after a while your body gets use to it and you must start the search again

08/02/2011 01:29 PM
MommaManda
MommaManda  

Welcome, Ausiebound

This is an amazing site... I haven't been here long but what I have got from the people here is amazing. Everyone here is considerate, provides encouragement and truely understands what many people around us doesn't.

I never had bad leg pain in the beginning... but recently 2-3 months it has gotten worse... just another wonderful part of fibro I guess. I too know everyone's frustration of finding things that work for them and then your body getting used to it and it not working anymore Sad

Anyway welcome again Smile

Momma Manda

08/02/2011 02:23 PM
ausiebound
ausiebound  

yes this site is amazing. I loving the fact that I'm not feeling alone in this struggle anymore. I have a twin sister and am glad that she dont have fibro but am sad that this is the 1st thing in our life that truly separents us.

Leg pain is not a joy at all. I could barley drive and when i did most of the time i would have to switch legs and drive with the wrong foot, but after coming on this site and hearing what others are going though or went though im glad that my pains and needing to sleep was all thats been affected so far Sad its sad though that we all have to look forward to unless we find a drug that helps Sad

08/02/2011 07:44 PM
sunnydays
sunnydays  

Welcome to the group! Ive herd others say a gluten free diet has helped them as well. Im glad you found something that helps. I feel terrible that you are so young and having to deal with FM. Mine started when I was 29,I cant imaging having to deal with it at such a young age. Theres a lot of great people here,and welcome again.

08/03/2011 05:13 PM
mem1318

ausiebound, Welcome to the Group.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved