MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/19/2010 05:28 PM

New to the group

agrant725

I was recently diagnosed with FMS on top of disc issues in neck & back (ruptured disc and deteriorated). Just started Savella but have come to find out that my migraine meds may have "moderate" interacations with it. Now trying to find a balance between pain, sleep, work and family life.

09/19/2010 06:59 PM
shamarie6
shamarie6  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hi, agrant & welcome to our family! Nice to meet you! You've found the best place to be for support. Were glad you found us, but so sorry you need us. Feel free to jump in whenever you want to. Smile

09/19/2010 07:23 PM
annamarie180
annamarie180  

Hi there! Welcome!

I'm sorry you're having a rough time - fibro can certainly take a lot out of you! You sound as though you have a good attitude though, which is so important. This group is wonderful, and I know you'll love it here as much as i do!

Love,

Annamarie

Post edited by: annamarie180, at: 09/19/2010 07:24 PM

09/19/2010 08:29 PM
lovebug2003
lovebug2003  

Welcome! Smile

I agree with AnnaMarie...good attitude is important...and there are some days where you'll feel like you can't deal with it anymore - it happens, but try to keep your head up.

You'll also find that it'll be difficult for you to do some activities and everyday things, but you are not alone. I really hope you find this site useful, helpful. We're here for you!

09/19/2010 11:03 PM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Your dr or pharmacist should tell you for certain of known interaction, in the meantime you can also go on www.drugdigest.com enter your meds even suppliments and it will show you drug and any known food allergies. Great site! Good luck keep posting Wink

09/20/2010 12:51 AM
hedap

Hi and welcome,

Sorry to hear about the Savella. This is the beginning of my 2nd month on it. I had already tried lyrica and cymbalta and was very disappointed. I have had absolutely astonishing results w/the savella--- about a 40% reduction in pain. I am a cynic, my doctor practically had to beg me to try it. So I hope it's not an interaction and you get to give it a chance. Hope you feel better. heather

Post edited by: hedap, at: 09/20/2010 12:52 AM

09/20/2010 03:01 PM
mammy
mammy  
VIP Member

Welcome to the family, it's nice to meet you. I'm sorry you are suffering and the med is not working...or making something else worse Sad lots of trial and error fighting this thing they call fibro. With the great people here, the support, caring and understanding, together we can share ideas, success and failures and we will win this fight!!!!!

We're here for you if you need anything at all.

09/20/2010 05:58 PM
niecey
niecey  
I'm an Advocate

Welcome to the fibrofamily! So sorry for all you are going through, but am glad that you have found us!

09/20/2010 10:34 PM
bc1028
bc1028  

I am sorry the meds may not work for you. I was unable to take the savella but I am sure they can find something else to help you along? What do you take for the miagraines? I take midrin and it really helps mine. I can tell you first hand that back pain is in a whole different realm of pain and I hope you feel better soon.

09/21/2010 11:02 AM
RedGirl

Welcome to the group. I hope you enjoy the group as much as I do. I'm sorry Savella isn't agreeing with you. Try to keep a journal about the meds you try and the side effects you have with each. It can be very helpful when you need to explain things to your doc(s). It seems that when I need to explain things like that is when The Fog hits me the most.

Red

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved