MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/14/2008 08:52 AM

I treat my Fibro with massage/Reiki(page 2)

Starr
Starr  

Well, bottle it up and send some down this way! If only it were that easy.

To be honest, after losing touch with the lady I told you about, I have not actively searced for another Reiki practitioner (is that the right word?). Right now, it's all I can do to afford to get my massages and trigger point therapy, which of course are not covered by insurance.

But I will say, that one experience was so.....enlightening, for lack of a better word, that once my finances allow, I would like to find someone else who practices Reiki.

10/14/2008 10:02 AM
38butterfly
38butterfly  

Hi Starr...go online to reiki.com...that might help you connect..or maybe your massage therapist knows of someone...

Take care,

Michelle

10/14/2008 10:13 AM
Starr
Starr  

Thanks!

10/14/2008 10:33 AM
sleepwalking
sleepwalking  

I'm glad you have found some relief with massage/Reiki.

Hopefully your information will help someone else as well.

Unfortunately, some of us have such severe FM that a massage is no longer comforting. In fact after a massage I wake up feeling like I've been run over by a truck and always feel like my shoulder is dislocated. I don't even want anyone to touch me anymore. Even a hug is painful.

Welcome to the group.

SW

10/14/2008 11:05 AM
38butterfly
38butterfly  

Hi Sleepwalking,

My fibro WAS severe...u need GENTLE massage and reiki can be done without even touching... I felt the same as you, but if you can...keep trying, so your body ghets used to the massage...it took four years for me...I WISH YOU THE BEST.

Blessings,

Michelle

09/19/2009 03:10 PM
hope08

I've been using massage therapy for 18 months with great results. How is Reiki different and how do you feel that it has helped you that is different from massage?

Thanks,

Marilyn

09/20/2009 02:04 AM
Natalia5150
Natalia5150  
VIP Member

Hi Butterfly,

welcome and I am so glad you are here. I am also an RNc-(Psych and mental health)

I use massage to a combo- but unfortunetly must do it myself or have the hubs do it-which is OK, he is quite good but after 20 years he should know as much as I do-he had to have it for a serious back injury and myofacieatis-its 2 am please forgive the spelling.....

I am sure even after 8 years you will learn here, but have no doubt what so ever that you have a lot to share, so glad you found us.

Natalia

Post edited by: Natalia5150, at: 09/20/2009 02:05 AM

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved