MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/01/2010 06:42 PM

strange symptom, wondering if anyone else has it?

kreeves

Hello!

For the past year, every so often, lately more often, I get this feeling like bugs are crawling on my skin or in my hair or I will develop and itch, go to scratch it and it is an unsatisfying scratch, like the itch disapeared! My doctor said it was my nerves firing off all over my body producing the itch creepy crawling sensation. Has anyone with Fibro every experienced this--I'm just wondering how to "classify" this symptom..lol. Thanks everyone!Blink

08/01/2010 06:52 PM
brandib811
brandib811  
VIP Member

Well sometimes I feel like theres spider webs on me or crawling sensations in my scalp

08/01/2010 07:00 PM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

That is common in many fibromites, this topic has come up many times so I know myself and others def relate to you and your drs explanation was great. Wink

08/01/2010 11:21 PM
kreeves

Whew! That's such a relief! It will drive me to distraction some days and then disapear as quickly as it came. Thanks for the info!W00t

08/01/2010 11:34 PM
raynedae
raynedae  
VIP Member

When I'm flaring bad, I get a creepy feeling in my finger and toes, almost like a buzzing. Then it turns into a stingy/burny/electrical feeling and creeps into my hands and feet, the up my arms and legs. It feels like fire ants are under my skin. Fortunately, gabapentin brought it to an almost immediate halt and a couple of days later it was gone.

But I've had the invisible hair problem too...I'll think I've got a rogue hair on my cheek and as hard as I try I can't get rid of it. But since Morti came to live with me 9 times out of 10, the hair is real Smile

08/01/2010 11:41 PM
Clarita
Clarita  
VIP Member

Rayn, Not had the first yet have had the second.Rayn- Sebastian sends his love to You plus Morti. Giant gentle hugs from this bat girl to you both, too!

Anyone here have abnormal reflexes? Haven an abnormal reflex in both my feet- neurologist thought it most strange plus could not explain it.

Please check out my diary entry for today. Will not be around much as am very challenged with the fibro plus it is time of month( p just started) which adds to the challenges for sure!

Take excellent care of you all.

Massive especially gentle hugs to you all, Love bat girl Clarita xooxooxoox

08/01/2010 11:44 PM
Clarita
Clarita  
VIP Member

Kreeves, A most warm welcome to You. Have the same symptoms- itching as well as the spider walking over you yet no spider.

Pleased you have joined here, too!

Big bat girl hugs to you, warmest wishes from Devon from ClaritaSmile

08/02/2010 12:00 AM
mowse
mowse  

Thank God someone else is having these symptoms. I thought I was loosing my mind. I just asked my sista who also has lupus the very same question. Is it really the fibro running its course or is it a lupus thing. I am going to tell my team of dr.s that i am not the only one experiencing these crazy feelings.

Anyone here get silver circles/halos in their vision? they just appear out of no where, sometimes they come with a slight discomfort in my eyes. Use to be in right eye only now its in both. Bright and shiny like aluminum foil..Anybody with eye problems please send to me so i can compare..Thanks so much..Hang in there guys. God is going to Bless us with strength to get through all of this drama..Love to you all..

08/02/2010 02:51 AM
hedap

No itchy scratchy stuff but nerve endings that tingle in a painful way, like if you leg goes to sleep and the nerves are just waking up.

hedap xx

08/02/2010 03:09 AM
Tabi
Tabi  

Hi Kreeves,

Yup... totally a fibro thing. I take Gabapentin and it really helps with that symptom. I always know if I've gone pass the time for my next dose because I get the "buggy" feeling. Swear it's little spiders or bugs. I also get the body parts falling asleep and just waking up feeling and I get little "shocks" but again all these symptoms stay under control when I take my meds at the same time every day.

Brightest Blessings,

Tabi

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved