MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/16/2010 11:54 PM

Libby.....joining the Fibro group, too!!

libbyisinpain
libbyisinpain  

Hello all! I'm new here...name's Libby. I can't really say anything about myself that will be much different than any of your stories probably are. I'm feeling pretty low these days. Once the cold, Ohio winter was over, I really thought I'd be feeling better with the summer. NOT happening! It seems like the cold made the fibro super terrible and I'm just stuck in a perpetual shi*ty state of massive pain and extreme fatigue!!! It's summer!! I want to be enjoying myself with my girls and husband! I guess I'm just looking for advice?? Friendship for sure! And people who know what I'm going thru. I'm currently without a primary care physician and seeing a P.A. who I don't think understands the amount of pain I'm having. So...any ideas or thoughts or whatever.....I hope to get to know many of you!!! Thx for having this group!!

07/17/2010 12:29 AM
wozment
wozment  

Welcome Libby! So sorry that you are feeling the way you do. I have fibromyalgia as well (and lupus too), so I am here if you ever need a friend to talk to Smile Looking forward to getting to know you. Keeping you in my prayers!

~Wendy

07/17/2010 06:32 AM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hi Libby and WELCOME to our group ~~~

I am sorry that you are having such difficulties and so terribly much pain.

You have found the best group for loving and caring support and friendship . We welcome you with open arms ~~~

I, too, live in NW Ohio so I know what you are talking about with the ever-changing weather conditions. Winter isn t so terrible for me once I adjust to the cold but boy, humidity in the summer about does me in for sure.

Are you taking anything for your pain ?

I look forward to getting to know you soon ~~~

Marilyn

07/17/2010 08:07 AM
PCG
PCG  

Hi there, welcome to the group Smile

07/17/2010 09:39 AM
Natalia5150
Natalia5150  
VIP Member

Welcome Libby

Sorry you are having troubles, but like you said, we are all in the same boat...Hope we can give you answers, and i know you'll have interesting things to share with us!

07/18/2010 03:58 PM
gz55

welcome libby! i didn't see your post the first time through (i blame fibro fog!) and just saw it in the chronic pain forum. you've definitely come to the right place for advice, friendship and people who know what you're going through. there's tons of information if you read through the posts and you'll also get answers to the specific questions that you ask. glad you joined us and the kitty in your profile picture is bee-yu-tee-ful!!!

gentle hugs,

gail

07/18/2010 04:13 PM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

07/18/2010 11:37 PM
libbyisinpain
libbyisinpain  

OMG!! Thank you, thank you all for such a wonderful welcome!!!! You have already been so sweet!! I know I'm going to benefit greatly from being here! I currently take: Zanaflex, Oxycodone, Neurontin, Xanax, Nexium, Zoloft, Savella, and Iron & Magnesium for a very recent Dx of low hemoglobin (I got to have 3 units of blood last week!). I have taken Cymbalta, Lyrica, Lunesta, Ambien, Voltaren, & Fentanyl patch. Probably more but I have a terrible memory...you probably already know that, huh?? Smile I'm meeting a new doc tomorrow (today) who I hope will end up being my new PCP. I've been without a doc for 5 mths so I'm really hoping he works out! I've been in a constant flare with my fibro since winter and nothing seems to help. I have noticed that the magnesium is helping with my restless leg syndrome. That's one less thing that keeps me awake, I guess! But the pain is unbearable and I'm tired of taking narcotics because they aren't helping the fibro. They DO help with my chronic back pain though. I'm tired of docs not listening to me and treating me like I either am mis-informed or a junkie looking for a new high. I think those of us here are VERY well educated about our problems and I was always told to be prepared when going to the doc. So why, when you have printed out symptom quizzes, checklists, articles from places like WebMD or the Mayo Clinic, do the docs ignore, belittle, shrug off, or just plain not listen?? IDK. My life is so screwed up right now I can't even tell you! I'm up all night, sleep all day (but never get rested) and hurt 24/7! My family is living life without me because I can't participate in a whole lot. I have 3 girls...9, 10, and 16...who NEED and DESERVE their mom!! UGH! I better quit now cuz I'm getting sad. :'( But I want to let you know you've already shared your lives and hearts to me and I cannot thank you enough! I know we will get thru our hard times, but why must they be SO hard? Any help, advice, and friendship is greatly appreciated! <3 Libby

07/19/2010 12:00 AM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I just poured my heart out about kids in another thread I have 3 girls also 13, 11 and 8 instead of reposting it if you are interested it's in the forum I think the thread is just called Hi it should be around the top since I replied to it recently. You are kind of new I'll get the link you don't have to read it but when you started saying that it was almost exactly what we were talking about. When you are up to it maybe you will have something to add. Wink

Maybe bringing those things to your appts is not a good thing they could be avoiding it because to them anyone can read from a symptom list from a website print out they want to hear from you. I'm not saying this about you I'm saying how drs think. They tend to get leery, I type all my symptoms, meds and any surgeries in a Word document and print it and give it to all my drs. They love it, that's personal and it's about you. Maybe bring your papers but don't pull them out unless you feel you need to. Good luck at your appt keep us posted. I love Zanaflex! None of the other muscle relaxers did a thing for me, I also take oxycodone and I used to take Xanax but she switched me to Klonopin because it lasts longer than the other benzos so I stay asleep longer. Good luck!

Here's that link to the other thread. Hugs Wink

http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/fibromyalgia-discussions/ general-support/1680518-hi

07/19/2010 09:11 AM
gz55

libby,

miss stacey is so right about taking a list of YOUR symptoms. i was finally taken seriously when i did just that. doctors bristle at "self-diagnosis" even though we know are bodies the best. hang in there!

gentle hugs,

gail

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved