MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/27/2010 07:22 PM

Pregnant with Fibromyalgia

Luvangel
Luvangel  

Hi I am new to the group. I am three months pregnant and I have Fibromyalgia. My doctor told me I could either abort the fetus or keep the baby but I would have to stop taking the cocktail of medicines to keep the pain and fatigue under control. I decided to keep my baby but I am in alot of pain and everyday is a struggle. I feel so sad and alone.

02/27/2010 07:30 PM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Welcome! You are soooo not alone! You have come to a wonderful place for support, comfort and understanding. Congrats on the new baby. I am so glad you chose the baby but am so terribly sorry you are suffering. In the meantime see what you can take for some relief like Tylenol or Advil. Hot baths, heating pad. Others may have better advice I am in a major fog lol. I hope you find some relief I honestly do and I hope you love it here as much as we do. Keep posting we are all here for you! Hugs, Stacey Wink

02/27/2010 07:37 PM
gheersmom

Sweetheart you are not alone. I applaud you for chosing the baby. First I would choose a new doctor who is willing to try to help you and the baby.

There are so many wonderful people here who will give you support and will truly care about you and that little baby. I know you are in pain and believe me I realy understand. There are so many women with fibro who have gone through pregnancy.

Just know that you are not alone and you will find so many wonderful warm caring people here who are here if you need to vent and here to support you.

Welcome to the group Luvangel. Stay in touch and let us know how you are doing. Hugs to you and babyWink

02/27/2010 07:57 PM
davesprettylady

Congratulations Smile I'm glad you decided to keep the baby. In six months when you hold your bundle of joy you will have the satisfaction that you worked harder for your child than the average mother. Hopefully your child realizes and thanks you. You are a very strong woman, my prayers are with you and your family.

02/27/2010 10:01 PM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I am still in shock your dr gave you the option of abortion rather than offering to work with you in helping in other ways to offer helping to keep you comfortable during your pregnancy. I have just never heard of a dr thinking someone should abort a baby because they have Fibro. He sounds evil! Again I hope you are able to find relief. Many women have said they had less flare up during their pregnancy, I myself actually even noticed that. I dont know if its the excitement or what the reason is but many have said it. Up until the end of course when even healthy women are most uncomfortable we would be even worse. I pray you will be one of those lucky ones and start having less flares. Are you dealing with a high risk pregnancy OB or a regular one since you are not currently on meds? I wonder if a high risk dr would be better able to handle your symptoms throughout. My thoughts and prayers are with you and baby. Big Hugs, Stacey Wink

02/28/2010 12:11 AM
raynedae
raynedae  
VIP Member

I'm guessing he was concerned about the meds she'd taken in the early days of her pregnancy and their affect on her fetus. Am I right or was this a planned pregnancy where you'd been off your meds for a while prior to getting pregnant?

We've had a couple of members who were pregnant and I remember one was in remission throughout her pregnancy...she joked that if it wasn't for her age (she was in her 40s) she'd just keep getting pregnant LOL...

I hope you go into remission and don't miss your meds. Keep in touch and let us know.

02/28/2010 12:31 AM
missconstance
missconstance  

Luvangel, you aren't alone anymore! Welcome to the group! I do have one suggestion. I'm a massage therapist specializing in pain management AND pre/postnatal massage. I also know a bit of labor assistance. If you can find a therapist in your area that shares those specialties, they can definitely help with the pain! Find one that really listens so you can get the pressure that feels best for you. They may even be able to suggest stretches, gentle exercises, aromatherapy, and other natural remedies you can use throughout your new journey. Just be sure to run any herbs and supplements by your doctor first.

02/28/2010 11:12 AM
naddya819
naddya819  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Welcome to the family! I wasn't dx'ed with fibro when I was pregnant with both my girls, but I certainly understand what you're going through. My pregnancies were both high risk as my girls were premature and small. But you have found the best people in the world here to help you through it, and I'm sure others will be along to help you. Use heat or cold therapy, hot baths with epsom salts, electric blankets, and so on. Try to find a new doctor, one who will give you medications that are not a high risk to your baby. I think the one I take for nerve pain, Neurontin, is ok during pregnancy but of course I am not a doctor so I can't say for sure. Massage is great too, it's been helping me a lot.

Weekends are kind of slow around here, but it will pick up soon. Again, welcome!

02/28/2010 03:00 PM
jenigood1
jenigood1  

02/28/2010 03:01 PM
Ginag
Ginag  
I'm an Advocate

Hi

First off get s a second or third opinion on how people treat pain or depression.(.or .whatever the concern is) and how it effects the baby. I am sure you'll get responces from the group. I have never been pregnant.

There maybe alternative treatment such as a holestic approach. You and your baby are in my prayers.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved