MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/27/2008 08:17 PM

Newly diagnosed & new here

Neepee19

Hi everyone!

I was diagnosed with Fibro in Feb this year but have been suffering for a couple of years.

My spouse & my Mom also have fibro. I've done research to understand fibro after they were diagnosed.

Now I'm having trouble dealing with the pain, work and medications.

I started a swim class specifically for Fibro thru the Arthritis Foundation. It's 2x a week. I've been going for a month. Not always 2x's a week.

I haven't gotten thru a 5 day work week since December. I'm going 2 to 3 days a week. I really need to get it together and work full weeks again.

A friend suggested I find an online support group. I searched & found here!

Thanks for listening. I look forward to getting to know you!

Penny

06/27/2008 08:35 PM
JanfromTN
JanfromTN  

You have found a good support group. Just look around and read the posts and you can find out more about fibro. I have been on here for a few months and enjoy learning more about it and what I can do to help myself. Welcome

06/27/2008 09:05 PM
ALCSS2008

Welcome to the group Penny. If you have any questions feel free to post them. There is alot of information here. I have been very happy here, and made many friends.

06/28/2008 06:12 AM
tsage
tsage  

Welcome to the group! This is a fantastic forum and you'll find lots of valuable information.

Try not to push yourself too hard to work full-time again. I did the same thing and it made my symptoms increase in severity. The serenity prayer helps a lot with fibro.

Glad you found our online family!

06/28/2008 08:55 PM
mcbeth
mcbeth  

Welcome to the group Penny.

How are you liking the swim class? I would love to hear about it. Sounds like something I would enjoy.

06/28/2008 09:05 PM
booklady14
booklady14  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

WELCOME TO THE GROUP! This is a great place to be. You can share with us what we know and we can share what we know. There is also to the left of the page a section called fms group and fms forums. When you have a lot of time to read those, you can really learn a lot. So pull up a chair, grab a cold cola and just jump right in with both feet. Post on a site that might interest you are start a new discussion. Again, welcome to the group.....kathySmile

06/29/2008 06:53 AM
JamClarks
JamClarks  

Welcome to our great group Penny,

with out this place not sure were I would be!

It's the best!! met some great people here.

Jamie Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved