MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/13/2009 12:42 AM

newwwww.....

ktbugcutie

Hi my name is Katie...ummmm. I was diagnose with fibromyalgia a couple months ago, but I know I've had it for a while. I go to school full time and work full time managing a 7-11. I'm going to school for Environmental Science with a minor in Biology. I want a doctorate degree eventually, and I want to do wildlife rehab. I play a Euphonium which is pretty awesome, and I have a ferret, a hamster, a leopard gecko, and an african fat tailed gecko, and 3 outside cats that aren't really mine but more like strays....

I love the outdoors and I don't really know what else to say about myself

I'm really new to all this and this is kinda intimidating, but hopefully this group will help me deal with my FM in a healthy way

so hello!

Katie

12/13/2009 12:57 AM
shamarie6
shamarie6  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hello, & welcome, Katie! Its so nice to meet you!

WOW! You really have a very buisy schedule! It takes a very strong & dedicated person to hold down a full time job while attending school full time, let alone dealing with the challenges you face with this disease! Be proud of that!

Your animal friends sound awesome! I have four kittens, a broken cat that was found at the grocery store, a chiwawa(sp)-mini-pin,wiener dog mix whose my baby. I can't turn the poor little things away!

I'm so glad you found this site. Its a wonderful place for support, & here lately, a lot of laughter! I am sorry, though that you have to deal with the pain of fibro.

Feel free to post, rant, ask for or offer support & suggestions.

Once again, welcome!

12/13/2009 01:06 AM
Clarita
Clarita  
VIP Member

Katie, A most warm British welcome to you. This group is a very dynamic group full of wonderful individuals from many different countries who all have 2 factors in common with one another- Fibro & caring hearts. You will find much support here. Feel free to pm me anytime as am a good listener as well as love to pray for others.

Am very interested in Environmental Science. Started to study an Environment diploma with the Open University( mostly home study with some tutorials) a few years ago yet had to abandon studies due to being too ill with the fibro & CFS ( really enjoyed the studies too) so am very interested that you are studying this- fantastic. Love your dreams as well as your goals, also!!

Your menagerie of pets are also groovy!!

Really cool that you play a Euphonium, too!!

This group will definitely help you to deal with your FM in a healthy way, for certain. Feel free to share whatever you like with us plus vent away- this is a safe plus warm place.

Having a challenging time right now with my fibro yet needed to say hello to you just now as you seem like a lovely lady!

Warmest welcome to you Katie ( have a cousin called Katie Wink),

gentle hugs, love, Clarita from Devon UK, xoxoxoxo

12/13/2009 03:44 PM
raynedae
raynedae  
VIP Member

Hi Katie and welcome! Such a schedule, I hope you can keep up. Fibro often robs us of that drive. I recommend if you are active physically, you keep it up because once it's gone it's hard to recover. I'm horribly deconditioned now and fighting my way back to some level of fitness is going to be slow and painful.

Learn to pace yourself if you can. Also one of the first things you need to focus on is getting a good nights sleep...not just sleeping long but sleeping well too.

I'm glad you found us and hope you can stick around. We have a thread here for the under-25's called Young Fibromites that's mostly college age but also some H.S. students. You're welcome to post here or there or both Smile

Welcome again, I'm glad you found us.

blessings

12/13/2009 03:49 PM
mammy
mammy  
VIP Member

Hi Katie and welcome to the family. I'm sorry you have to have this horrible illness at such a young age. There is much to learn and I know it can be scary. If you have time, read through some posts as you will learn alot. Don't be shy, post as often as you would like and let us know if we can help with anything. I look forward to getting to know you Smile

12/13/2009 03:52 PM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

12/13/2009 05:03 PM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

welcome to the family,

I hope we have what you need, we do discuss meds here but also have healthy choices, first thing I tell everyone is to start with your sleep, alot of us with fm sleep alot naps and so on but yet feel like we havent slept in weeks..several use melatonian(sp) for this,I myself use ambeien..even if you feel like you sleep to much you need to get the right type of sleep..

we are glad you are here jump on in and feel at home

12/13/2009 10:23 PM
phire009
phire009  

Welcome Katie,

You've found a great group of guys and gals, who are here to help you with whatever you need, whether it's chatting, venting, crying or laughing WE'RE HERE FOR YOU!!!! And like everyone above said especially with your full schedule....MAKE SURE GET A GOOD SLEEP!!!! As once are unable or have trouble sleeping the flares will and can come much more frequently and a lot more painful...

So hope you'll stay around and meet some great new friends and Hope for you a painless week and a Great Monday!!!!

Blessings to you!!!!

Debi

12/15/2009 09:27 PM
jenigood1
jenigood1  

welcome fairies

12/15/2009 09:37 PM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hey Katie, welcome to the family! You couldnt have picked a better place to come for support and great new friends! Its one big happy family here! Hugs Stacey Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved