MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/09/2009 06:38 PM

Skin burns like on fire...??? when very tired

SandraR2002
SandraR2002  

For the last ten years of my life when I get extremely exhausted, I will wake up in the night with my skin on fire... that's how it feels. I guess it could be considered extreme flushing? I only do this when I'm exhausted.

My heart is also racing and my BP is up. It sometimes takes me an hour to calm it all down.

It's painful and scary.

I've explained this before to the dr. and they just said "don't know. never heard of it"

I need to tell my rheumy when I go. I've had only one appt w/ him and testing. But I failed to mention it.

Does anyone else have this?

My coworkers / friends don't. I don't even mention it because I feel stupid about it. But I've had it for ten years at least.

11/09/2009 07:11 PM
Stella77
Stella77  

When I was at my worse, I felt like I had a severe sunburn. I could only wear soft clothes and use soft bed sheets and towels.

11/09/2009 07:19 PM
Jezwik

I get like that a lot. For me, it feels as though I'm running a crazy high fever -- like I'm burning up. It happenes mostly on my chest, face, ears, and my inner thighs... Where is it most prominent for you? Are you on any blood pressure medicine?

11/10/2009 12:09 AM
phire009
phire009  

I have it constantly I'm not even able to wear a bra, haven't for a long,long time,and all the clothing I do wear is extra big so doesn't rub on my skin too much. It sounds like yours might come and go but it can be a constant thing.

11/10/2009 04:39 AM
SandraR2002
SandraR2002  

It does come and go. And any time that I have a virus I break out in a terrible rash all over my torso. It looks terrible! But it goes away in 3 to 4 days. The burning does not stay consistant... that God or I couldn't stand it.

But the dr I described it to looked at me like I was nuts and dismissed it. I will tell my rheumy on Friday. It's just that it's starting to happen to me during the day and not just at night.

Thank God there are those out there that understand!

You ladies are a lifesaver!

11/10/2009 04:40 AM
SandraR2002
SandraR2002  

Yes! It feels like a bad fever... like I'm on fire on the inside! On my face, chest, arms back n neck.

It's scary because it comes on very fast and my BP and heart rate go up 2.

Thx so much for sharing!

11/10/2009 05:10 AM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

Im worried that actually it might be opposite. could it be from your blood pressure? do you get head aches also at night?

11/10/2009 11:52 AM
raynedae
raynedae  
VIP Member

I was wondering if it could be hot flashes/night sweats? If I get just the tiniest bit over heated, my face turns bright red and sweat pours out. Sometimes it gives me a panicky feeling, but not often since I'm so familiar with them anymore.

I also have roseacea which causes my face to flush bright red and it will travel down my neck to my chest. One sip of alcohol will bring that on. If I don't sweat with the roseacea people will compliment me on my "glow"....if the sweats arrive....well it's not so pretty ....

11/10/2009 01:20 PM
jenkstrojanmom
jenkstrojanmom  

I had that happen to me thank god it only happened once. I thougth I was going to die from the burn. It did finally go away but it happened every night for about 4 nights than no more.

11/10/2009 01:32 PM
sheabutta
sheabutta  

That happens on my feet, toes, and fingers...it's like a burning, stinging sensation. My doctor tested me for Reynaud's Phenomenon, but the test came back negative.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved