MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/07/2009 02:44 AM

Good (Saturday) Morning, Everyone :)

Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it s off to work I go (again) ~~~ Seems like that is all I ever do anymore !!!

Worked a late shift for a holiday set-up last night so didn t get home until 11:00 PM ~~~ Back up at 5:00 AM this morning so can be at work by 6:30 AM ~~~ I wonder why I ll feel like I never left when I get back in a bit ??? LOL ...

Anyway, will have a chance to rest a bit (if needed) this afternoon then going to daughters'/grandsons' for hubbys' birthday supper and fun evening so I won t be back here with all of you wonderful people until Sunday evening (working all day Sunday).

Wishing everyone a happy and pain free weekend whatever you do ~~~

{{{HUGS}}} Marilyn

11/07/2009 03:12 AM
River
River  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hello thanks for the greeting. See you Sunday. HUGS River

11/07/2009 07:05 AM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

Morning! Did you ever hear back from the dr yesterday? I'm taking the kids to my mom's. I so need a break. They are driving me insane!!!!!

11/07/2009 07:05 AM
mammy
mammy  
VIP Member

Wow Marilyn, you are going to be pooped. Try and have some fun but get that much needed rest in between. Talk to you tomorrow.

hugs and prayers,

11/07/2009 01:38 PM
raynedae
raynedae  
VIP Member

Oh that's too much Marilyn! I hope your can make it through OK, I know how you hate to miss a day of work, but a turnaround like that is just too brutal!

I hope you get some good sleep at least come Saturday night. See you Sunday.

hugs,

11/09/2009 03:56 PM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hi All ~~~ (Monday evening)

Well, I did make it thru the weekend but it was NOT good for me. Sad

No nap on Saturday afternoon between work and going to daughters' as we had unexpected company for a few hours when I got home about 1 PM.

Then didn t get to leave daughters' as early as I would have liked (prior to the hours' drive home) as her ex-mother-in-law is doing badly (in nursing home) so we went to see her for a few minutes while grandson and hubby fixed water faucet for daughter. Nearly 11 PM when we got home but I did immediately collapse into bed and direct sleep.

Got up @ 4 AM to make sure I didn t have to rush thru shower, getting dressed and morning coffee before leaving the house @ 5:30 AM.

Returned home a little before 3 PM , tried to relax and nap, but it was not to be. Just over-tired, I think ~~~

Had our 3-hour holiday kick-off pow-wow (at work) last evening and made it to bed before 10 PM. Smile

Didn t do much all day today (dishes, little picking up around the house, walked around the yard with the dog and sat outside for awhile reading)~~~ Probably our last truly nice day (70* in Ohio in November is rather odd)so I took advantage of it.

Was just thinking of putting supper in the oven when hubby decided he wanted to eat out tonight so ~~~ changed clothes, ate out and here I am.

I am more tired than anything right now but with a couple of calmer days and good sleep, I should come out of this unscathed any further.

However, I am already telling myself that family birthdays, Thanksgiving and Christmas as well as the hubbub at work are all going to downsize on my part as I CANNOT allow myself to get like this again. (EVER if I can help it).

Anyway ~~~ I hope everyone here had a wonderful pain free weekend. I m going to spend the evening catching up on all that I missed over the weekend.

{{{HUGS}}} Marilyn

11/09/2009 04:11 PM
raynedae
raynedae  
VIP Member

Hi Marilyn....I wish I had half your energy. I know I say that all the time but you constantly shock & amaze me with all you manage to do, and I'll bet you have a big smile on your face the whole time, too. You're my hero Smile

We did miss that smiling face around here over the weekend. Glad you have some time now to recouperate (sp?) and hope you do some relaxing.

Didn't you have an appoinment scheduled with your rheumie?

hugs,

11/09/2009 06:02 PM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Yes, Rayne, my appt. with my Rhuemy is this coming Wed. 11/11/09 10:40 AM ~~~ I m going into work for a couple of hours before then my appt. and then finish out my day at work.

I have Thursday off and NO plans ~~~ I hope to do absolutely NOTHING !!!! LOL ~~~~

Marilyn

11/09/2009 06:23 PM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Rayne,

Sometimes (most of the time, in fact), I find myself running on only ""half energy"" ~~~~ The days that I ve told you that I ve done so much are the days I feel absolutely terrific and invincible but they are definitely far and few between anymore.

Most of my energy goes on at work because I have to keep my job (at least for a couple more years) ~~~ Trust me there is nothing I would like better than to be able to not have to drag myself out of bed so early most mornings and head out to work but ~~~ that is just not in the cards at the present time. I don t do it to be a hero of any sort ~~~ I do it because I have to recourse right now but I DO love my job (most of the time) ~~~ I just know that I can no longer dedicate myself to it as I have in past years so I will keep going as long as I can and then take life as it comes.

Thank you for saying I was missed here this past weekend ~~~ I always miss all of you when I can t be here and also feel that my day isn t complete until I ve spent some time here. Smile

{{{HUGS}}} Marilyn

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved