MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/05/2009 07:00 PM

Numbness in legs and feet

cindyl
cindyl  

Hey guys I was wondering if any of you have had numbness in your legs or feet. I know I have 2 bad disk in my lumbar and I'm just wondering if maybe one of them could be pushing on a nerve? I hope everyone is doing as well as you can. Cindy

11/05/2009 07:30 PM
TaraT
TaraT  
VIP Member

Hi Cindy..most of us gals have the periphial neuropathy which is numbness and tingling etc......However, that is also a sign of a lot of other diseases and conditions. If you have bulging discs and numbness in your extremities then you need to let your Dr. know...Nerve damage can be permenant...especially if its from a disease other than fibro....We want you to take care of you and thats why we caution each other everytime we chime in with an opinion about something like this that we remind you to talk to your Dr.!

Sometimes if you move around and get the blood flowing the feeling will come back if its pressure on the nerve because of the position you are in etc...but if it doesn't go away then I'd look deeper into what's going on.

Let us know if it gets any better!

*HUGS*

-Tara

11/05/2009 07:38 PM
cindyl
cindyl  

Thanks Tara I was going to give this a few days and if it continued I was going to go to A doc. What one would I go to? I really don't have a family doc that is following me very well and I fired my rhyme. He wasn't really helping me and when he gave me the wrong dosage on my sleeping pill and when I called him on it he said just cut it in half. If it wasn't a capsule I would have done that. Hugs Cindy

11/05/2009 07:54 PM
TaraT
TaraT  
VIP Member

uuuugh Blatant mediocrity! Do you have or have you seen a neurologist ever? I would get a referral to a neurologist from "a" doc that you haven't fired yet. Bless you girl...Is this a new symptom altogether or one that is reoccuring?

11/05/2009 08:26 PM
raynedae
raynedae  
VIP Member

Cindy is the numbness always there or does it come and go? The reason I ask is I did once have a pinched nerve and the numbness I had from that was always with me. The numbness I get from this horrible flare comes and goes.

When I had it from the pinched nerve, if I iced the nerve it got better. As soon as I got off the ice, the numbness came back.

I hope you can find a doctor you like and trust soon.

blessings

11/06/2009 02:22 AM
cindyl
cindyl  

This is something new to me. I've hard the pain and burning for a long time but not the feeling that me feet are numb. I have to do a lot of sitting on my job.

Thanks for the advise I'll make a appointment with my family doc and see if I can get her to refer me to A neurologist. I saw one many yrs ago. He tried to kill me with pain from a EEG test. Not sure what the treatment would be here I'm thinking something like predizone and I can't take it. I took it for a sinus infection and I thought I was going to go insane. Thanks for you help..

11/06/2009 02:26 AM
cindyl
cindyl  

The numbness has just started over the last few weeks. Its really strange feeling. Not sure I can describe it. I also feel some pain in my lower back.

As for the ice I might have to try it. I tend to like warm better than cold. I'll give it a try. Thanks Cindy

11/06/2009 07:06 AM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

I have polyperiphial neuropthy, meaning numbness and tinglining in multiple limbs. Both hands(and sometimes up to elbow), both feet, some up the leg and some in the face. Fun stuff. It can go along with FM. Now that being said it is also a symptom of many other also serious illnesses and is something to get checked out.

A neurologist is the one to test and treat this. It's treated by different things depending on the cause. For example for FM and diabetes, lyrica is what they'll give you. Even if you can't take that at least you'd rule out some other serious issues like diabetes, spinal issues, etc.

11/06/2009 11:51 AM
raynedae
raynedae  
VIP Member

I was on Lyrica and it didn't work for me. Now I'm trying gabapentin for my numbness and tingling in my hands and feet. I've noticed it in my face here lately too...mostly in my nose....big target Smile

11/06/2009 02:43 PM
cindyl
cindyl  

gabapentin is neurotin isn't it. It didn't help me and Lyrica is a spin off of neurotin. I have it in my face too. That doesn't bother me as much as my legs and feet. I'm sure sitting all the time and driving doesn't help.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved