MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/20/2009 10:29 PM

Dealing with major hip pain

Paradise
Paradise  

I am currently trying to deal with severe hip pain to the point where I can't walk after sitting for 5 minutes. Does anyone else have this problem? I litterly can't walk more than 5 minutes until my hip gets this shattering feeling (sometimes it feels like its pulling). When this happens I can't stand any pressure on that leg. It lasts a couple minutes. Im not sure what to do about it. I can't live my life like this...its been non stop for a week now. Any suggestions?

10/20/2009 10:43 PM
debbie1955
debbie1955  

Hi

Have you had any x-rays? It is quite possible that you fractured some part of your pelvic area. Sometimes it doesn't take much. I have had pains like that and don't remember falling or hurting myself but I caused a bad sprain or tear. Right now I have a tear in my bicep tendon in left shoulder. I don't know how that happened but it is there.

Wouldn't hurt to have it checked out. Some things are so much like fibro pain that we forget that they could be something else.

Hope you find some help.

Hugs,

Debbie

10/20/2009 11:00 PM
tomuchpain
tomuchpain  

Paradise,

I agree with Debbie.. You should have it x-rayed. You never know and it will put your mind at ease just to rule that out. My husband a year or so ago was getting really bad pains in one hip than it turned into both hips after a while. When he finally went in to the doctors he found out he had bursitis. He had to get.. I think.. cortisone shots of a couple of months..then it finally went away..Just a thought..

Hugs

Cheryl

10/21/2009 02:18 AM
Mispati3
Mispati3  

It's true you should have it Xrayed as a precaution. However, I suffer excruciating hip pain every day. By the afternoon, I can barely hobble around. Sitting in one position too long (like 15-20 minutes!), walking, laying down for more than 2-3 hours (like at night), all make make hip hurt so bad! In my case, it's fibro. I'm still waiting to hear back from my doctor as to her decision to prescribe Suboxone for me. I'm hoping it will help with this particular pain, too. I wish you all the best!

10/21/2009 09:35 AM
Paradise
Paradise  

Thank you all for your input I am going for an xray in a few days.

10/21/2009 09:52 AM
stillhopeful
stillhopeful  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Just saw this post. I too would have recommended an x-ray. I have a tear in my rotator cuff in my right shoulder and have no idea how that happened. I also have bursitis and tendonitis and it is really painful.

I am happy to hear you are going for an x-ray. Please keep us posted. Hope the find some relief for you.

Hugs~

Christine

10/21/2009 10:38 AM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

I have severe hip pain too. I'm glad you are going to get it checked out. Mine stems from several things. Bursitis, fluid on the joint, hypermobility(allows the joint to slip in and out of place). I'm still undergoing testing with the ortho. I don't really have any suggestions really. I have to shift alot when I'm sitting. I can't lay on the worst side. I usually sleep on my stomach with a small pillow under the worst hip. It helps the hip and my SI joint.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved