MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/02/2009 07:03 PM

does anyone have severe lower back pain(page 5)

TinaL
aTinaLPosts: 11832
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Blue, if your insurance covers a regular psychologist, see if you can find one who does it. That's what I did. That way it was covered by my insurance! Sneaky, huh?

04/02/2009 07:08 PM
bluefibroangel
bluefibroangel  

I am covered for that so i would go through the psycologist for the hyponists?

04/02/2009 07:59 PM
TinaL
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Yeah, you just have to find one that does it. It's not that unusual, I don't think.

Do you have to get a referral through your insurance or do you line up your own doctors? I think the latter might be easier, but I'm just guessing. Mine was through Kaiser.

04/02/2009 08:02 PM
bluefibroangel
bluefibroangel  

I dont think i need a refferal for mental health so i'm gonna check it out . Thanks Tina Smile Love Ya Lisa

04/02/2009 08:28 PM
idom7

HI yes i have severe lower back pain i also have balls the doc says it is muscle knots on my lower back and the pain radiates to the hips real bad, sometimes nothing helps and my arms get weak from the pain and i get zinging pain right inside by the hip joint connected to the leg, when i spread my legs to reposition my self on the couch during a flare up. i spend a lot of my time with the heating bag under my pants on my back. Sometimes i forget and get up and pull on the cord its not funny but goes to show how often i use it, i also use patches. Leona

04/02/2009 10:30 PM
bc1028
bc1028  

I am sorry I did not read all of the posts but have you had your back checked to make sure you do not have any pinched nerves or disc problems? I have both and I get pain , weakness and shoot pains and numbness.

04/22/2009 05:13 AM
jmacboy

i have the lower and upper back pain and burning feelings in my lower back was using heat then i thought i burned my self but no. only strong pain killers help me. jmacboy

04/22/2009 01:42 PM
bits
bits  
VIP Member

I have stenosis, OA, and several bulging disc in my back.I also have sciatica. When RA is active I never notice the pain. I am asumming the RA pain overides the back pain. However, when RA is under control, my back really hurts. I can not stand for more than a few minutes, I have to move. I can not move for more than 5 mins without using some type support to hold on to. The only comfortable place for me to sit is a soft cushy recliner. I have to elevate my legs. If I sit at the dining room table, sit on a pew, sit in a chair without elevating my legs it will throw me into horrendous pain. I use heat alot and am greatful for my pain meds. I hope all are having a good day. Hugs

04/22/2009 01:52 PM
aTinaL
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I have arthritis, degenerative disc disease, and a bulging disc that pinches a nerve.

04/22/2009 01:57 PM
BelaBo

OMG, it sounds like I should take you all out back and shoot ya's. I always had a really strong back until the window fell on me at work. Sometimes I will get a sharp pain that takes my breath away but it only lasts a couple of seconds. Mine is worse when I'm doing dishes. I lean over, shift from leg to leg but after I sit for a while and rest, it's o.k. Nothing like any of you tho. Yes, I'm counting my blessings as we speak.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 5 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved