MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/18/2009 06:20 PM

I was wondering does anyone every have

Pamela1121
Pamela1121  

A week free of pain with this disease? Hello my name is Pamela...and I suffer everyday with this. I have it and arthritis in my spine, right hip maonly (but both) and my hands feet & knees.

I also suffer with horribel migraine because of the neck pain but on September 3rd a sugeon founf i have an in-operable tumor in my neck.

This week has been horribel & I was wonderign if anyone ever goes at least a wekk without pain. I am real lucky if I go two whole days!!!!

Thanks

Pamela

10/18/2009 06:25 PM
Jezwik

Unfortunately, most do not usually go a whole week without ANY pain... It's a matter of doing our best to keep the pain as low as possible on a daily basis. There are times when you can go into "remission", and for some amount of time the Fibro pain seems to "go away"... You can hope for "remission"!!? AND keep hoping for a CURE Smile

10/18/2009 06:31 PM
Pamela1121
Pamela1121  

I have had it for years & it just keep getting wrose. But Fibro isn't all i have. I would faint I think if it went into remission, but be thrilled.

Pamela

10/18/2009 06:41 PM
Jezwik

We have several members, however, that are taking a drug called "suboxone". You should at least check out some of the threads on it here... Just typr in the search box "suboxwow" or "new medication", that should pull up the big ones. The ones that are on it are saying they are for the most part "pain free"... It's worth looking into, based on the reviews here!

10/18/2009 06:44 PM
bluefibroangel
bluefibroangel  

Pamela when I was first DX with fibro about 17 yrs ago I would go into remission on occation but not any more sorry to say. It just keeps getting worse and I have no pain ferr days anymore. Fibro isn't all I have either but it seems to make all the other stuff hurt so much more. I'm not trying to be negative just truthful.

Hugs Lisa

10/18/2009 06:53 PM
River
River  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Nope not me , I am never totally pain free. I have days where it is minimal though. So sorry. HUGS River

10/18/2009 07:01 PM
Pamela1121
Pamela1121  

I will try to see if the pain clinic will let me try it when i go on hte 21st. I hope it doesn't make you gain weight as i have gained 28 pounds in hte past year.

So nothing fits. That in its self is depressing.

I was todl back when i was about 20 And i never go a week without pain. this past wekk has been horrible.

To the point I would have shot myself if I woned a gun. Everybody says well you look good. Even a pain doc told me months ago she wouldn't write me a leter because i am young & look good & didn't look like ai needed disability. i was so pissed! Just becasue I can brush my hair & put on lipstick does not mean i fel good!

UGH! if someone foesn't have it they don't understand, which is so fustrating.

Pamela

10/18/2009 07:02 PM
mammy
mammy  
VIP Member

Sorry for your pain Pamela. I don't have any good news to add, I am almost never pain free and haven't been in years. I do have other stuff going on besides fibro so that could be why, wish I could have given you more positive news.

10/18/2009 07:02 PM
Pamela1121
Pamela1121  

I totally understand! It makes mine so much worse too. Thne there is the tumor on top of everything else.

Pamela

10/18/2009 07:05 PM
Pamela1121
Pamela1121  

Thanks River!

Hugs right back at you.

Ok need to jump off ere as I am really hurtign need to take soemthing for it.

Thanks everyone, will be back when i feel litlte better

Had lot of migraines this week too.

Pamela

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved