MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/08/2009 06:47 AM

burning pain nerve pain?

fibromite
fibromitePosts: 810

My problem with sleeping is the burning pain throughout my whole body. Should I try cool compresses? What will help that. Heating pads are a no no with this type of pain. I feel like someone lit me on fire. Aweful feeling. I believe that's nerve pain, right?

10/08/2009 01:09 PM
raynedae
raynedae  
VIP Member

Yeah, that sounds like nerve pain. Have you talked to your doctor about it?

good luck sweetie,

10/08/2009 01:19 PM
mammy
mammy  
VIP Member

Sure does sound like it. Have you ever been diagnosed with anything other then fibro(like that's not enough)? I would call your doctor and let him know, see if he wants to do a referral to a neuro.

10/08/2009 01:35 PM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Yep, definitely sounds like nerve pain ~~~ I wouldn t want to add heat to that misery either.

Have you talked to your dr. about it ? Are you taking meds for it ?

Marilyn

10/08/2009 01:45 PM
jenigood1
jenigood1  

I had that burning sensation in my shoulder blades almost constantly for years. Ice packs on your back (especially upper back) do help - I don't have it anymore since my pdoc prescribed Cymbalta, which works for some people but not for others. It's worth it to try; there are several meds for nerve pain. I don't know, but a muscle relaxer might help; ask your Dr.

- Jeni

10/08/2009 04:10 PM
fibromite

I tried Flexaril the other night and nothing. I am going to try cool compresses tonight before bed and see if that helps. My doctor just says to chalk it up to fibro. and is willing to put me on just about anything. I am reluctant though. I only get this really bad with change of seasons. I just want it to go away already. Thanks!

10/08/2009 04:13 PM
fibromite

ONE MORE THING - what actually causes the burning nerve pain. Lactic acid build up? Anyone know?

10/08/2009 05:05 PM
raynedae
raynedae  
VIP Member

No Fibromite, I don't know what causes it. I think if you find out you could be rich and famous LOL... flexeril is so popular with doctors because all it does is relax your muscles. I get a nice little buzz from robaxin, valium and a big buzz from Soma, but no buzz from Flexeril. At first I thought it didn't work at all but when I'm without it I can really feel a huge difference, especially in my neck and shoulders.

10/08/2009 05:44 PM
jenigood1
jenigood1  

I believe it's a buildup of lactic acid in muscles that just won't stop clenching up, no matter what you try, it seems; hot baths, relaxation, massage (that can actually make it worse); that may be why muscle relaxers sometimes work rather than (or with) pain relievers. Just my two cents - Jeni

10/08/2009 05:56 PM
fibromite

I just always need to know why. I hate the guessing games that go along with fibromyalgia. It's enough to drive you crazy. I guess it's all trial and error. Thanks for the input! Good night!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved