MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/06/2008 07:17 PM

Legs jumping/julting

cadburry
cadburry  

I'm not sure how to explain this.

I first noticed that at night when I would be relaxing trying to go to sleep my legs will jult a few times.

Well now they are starting to do this anytime.

I'll be sitting here and all of a sudden it's like someone is testing my reflexes.

I'm not sure what to think about this.

Does anyone else experience this?

05/06/2008 09:28 PM
meleggs
meleggs  

At night cadburry I think they call it restless legs so that is probably what you have. Sometimes when people are at rest they most notice it. I have it but more where I feel wierd sensations in my legs when I am relaxing like numbness and tingling, electric shock feelings, muscle twitching.

If it doesn't get better there are DRUGS- of course that can help it.

05/07/2008 01:04 AM
Fletch2ya
Fletch2ya  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hi... again..... this is back to my doctors appt last week... I told my doctor that my legs were getting worse... they felt crammpy.... like they wanted to be stretched and draw up at the same time....and I felt like I needed to move them all the time .... but the pain was almost a nervie type pain.. He said that it may be restless leg, and that research has found that most people with it as severly low in calcium..and potasium and phosperous..... Please forgive the spelling...... even 4 yr in college could not teach me how to spell...... must say something about me or the school ... oh... heck the both of us....lol...

Anyway.... He said to start off on these supplements and see what happens... well I was already on little ammounts of them at the time...so I asked my nutritionlist and she said by all mean and she loaded me all up with them and slowly ... it is gettin better this is the 3 night now I have had very little to now cramping...

Craig

05/07/2008 04:58 AM
LibraJo

cadburry,

I have RLS also, along with the nerve pain, spasms, etc.

I think the vitamins/supplements are a good idea, I noticed that when I was waiting for my folic acid to come in the mail that my legs were worse that week. I take 2mg daily of Folic acid. My Psychiatrist prescribed it for me. I think he said it was good for the brain, I don't think anymore clearlyGrin but I do believe it helps my legs.

05/07/2008 05:12 AM
AngelBooze
AngelBooze  

Cadburry,

I have had the problem of legs jilting/jumping for a long time now. Yes, I have RLS also. But now the jilting/jumping is happening in my whole body. So I know that it does not have anything to do with RLS. So far my docs. have no idea why this is happening and according to them there is nothing to help it. But if you find out about something to help let me know. Now I am not saying that vitamins do not work because they are like every other meds around everybody reacts differently but they do not work on me. I take vitamins and I still have the jumping/jilting going on.

I hope that the vitamins work for you.

{{Soft & Gentle Hugs}} to all

05/07/2008 06:10 AM
meleggs
meleggs  

I am like Angelbooz- I also can feel it all over. I take a bunch of supplements- some that Fletch reccommended but so far none of them make a difference. Some may help you so don't not try them.

05/07/2008 07:12 AM
abetterday
abetterday  

I have it too. I thought it might be a side effect of one of my meds.

05/07/2008 09:55 AM
hellojenny

yep i expierence that too. My throbbing or jumping jumps from place to place sometimes even weird places. It almost feels like you have a tens unit on when it does that. Since mine moves around i was a bit worried i didn't want it to go to a serious place like my brain or heart and start that cause this and i could actually see the twitching, throbbing ot whatever you want to call it when it happen. It hasn't happened in a while but when it did i last about 3 months about 5 times a day for about 10-15 seconds. My doc said it was my nerves or something but i dont believe.

05/07/2008 12:54 PM
Sistrozzie
Sistrozzie  

If you're talking about jumping and jolting in your legs, it's restless leg syndrome, which make FMS more difficult to keep under control. You need Mirapex but I can't take the highest dose. I cut those in half and that helps a lot.

05/11/2008 02:30 PM
WAZYDJ
WAZYDJ  

I am also experiening the twitching! First I thought that it was just me. Now it's so bad that you can literally see my legs spasm. It is happening so often that it is starting to hurt. It actually wears me out! I didn't realize just a simple little spasm could do that. I haven't had a chance to talk to my doctor because this just started to get so bad that it's annoying, tireing and sometimes embarrassing. I know I can't help it, but people that don't know me or my disease, seem to look at me funny. Just one more thing I can probably chalk up to fibro.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved