MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/04/2009 01:58 AM

email messages

hisbunny

Does anyone know how to stop the email notifications from this site. I get one everytime i post something. I am on here everyday so i really dont need the email notifications. If anyone has any ideas let me know. I will be checkin back soon. I hope everyone is doing well. Love you all.

Stacey

10/04/2009 05:10 AM
ouchthathurts

Go to your profile and check unsubscribe to all discussions. I believe it is set to default to notify, and if you do a quick reply it automatically notifies you.

BTW, Welcome!

10/04/2009 01:46 PM
hisbunny

tyvm. Let me see if i understand. If i go and unsubcribe to all discussions it will keep them from going to my email that i gave them when i signed up? I just wanna make sure i dont unsubscribe to the discussions on here. They just go straight to my email and are filling it up is all and wanted to know for myself and my hubby. Thanks again i will try it. And thanks for welcoming me. I love it here.

Love

Stacey

10/04/2009 03:19 PM
naddya819
naddya819  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

The quick reply automatically notifies you whenever there is a new post. If you click on the green "reply" button instead of using the quick reply at the bottom of the thread, you can choose to unsubscribe to individual threads. On your profile page you can unsubscribe from all of them. I only subscribe to something that's really important to me so that if I'm not here I will get notified.

Hey, for a GLs: how can I unsubscribe to topics in my group? Even when I click unsubscribe on the reply message, it still sends a notice to my email.

10/04/2009 04:45 PM
aTinaL
aTinaLPosts: 11832
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Stacey, if they really annoy you, and they do most people!, set up a free email account, like Yahoo or something. Then go to your profile page and update your profile to change the email. That way they won't pop up in your regular email. You can curb the notifications, but there's no way to stop them completely.

10/04/2009 04:46 PM
aTinaL
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Naddya, I'm sorry! I missed your last question. Go to your profile page and unsubscribe all of your messages there. That should correct the problem.

Then if you still get unwanted notifications, try doing what I suggested for Stacey. That way, all of your MDJ mail goes to the same place and doesn't interfere with your regular email.

10/04/2009 08:40 PM
hisbunny

Thanks tina i will def do that. I hope everyone is doing ok tonight.

10/04/2009 10:17 PM
aTinaL
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Good deal, Stacey! I do think that's the easiest way to deal with it Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved